shape
carat
color
clarity

(AUS) Where to purchase loose princess cut in SYD or online

Pattey21

Rough_Rock
Hello all this is my first post on PS. I have probably spent 50+ hours researching various facets of diamond purchasing and am looking for some adivce for those who have purchased a loose diamond in australia (SYD) or where online.

Budget is 3-3.5k for the stone.
Carat: a 0.9-1ct
Colour:I or better
Clarity: Si1 or better or "Eye Clean"
Depth/Table; less than 75%
Girdle: Medium to thick

Stone will be set in a yellow gold classic solitare princess setting.

Obviously wanting as good a cut as possible but as im not getting a top-dollar princess cut will be hard to find diamonds in my budget with ASET images etc.

Have been looking at James Allen, Jogia diamonds, sydneydiamondcompany etc.

Would prefer find a wholesaler in Sydney so i can view the diamond personally. Otherwise after advice on who to purchase through online.

Regards
Patrick

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: (AUS) Where to purchase loose princess cut in SYD or onl

Hi Patrick, and welcome! I'm in Australia also and I've purchased through a few US vendors like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin Diamonds and ID Jewelry, all of which have been excellent in terms of their customer service and the quality of the pieces. Even paying 10% GST on my purchases (we are exempt from the 5% duty if it comes from the US) it was far cheaper than buying in Australia, it's so much more expensive to buy here. You can get the diamond set and have the ring shipped to you as a whole, and all my pieces far outshine anything I could have purchased for the same money here.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Patrick,

True diamond "wholesalers" do not deal directly with the general public because you have to buy a parcel of stones and spend a minimum (ie a large amount) for it to be a true wholesale transaction. Despite our current low Aussie $$$$$ places like Good Old Gold, James Allen, Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and maybe Blue Nile with the help of everyone here would be my suggestion.

Alternatively if you are after a bargain watch Loupetroop and DiamondBistro and the preloved section here and see what comes up. Sometimes members sell their stones and or rings to update or upgrade.

Pattey21

Rough_Rock

Thank you both for your responses. Looks like I'll be buying online. When I find a couple I like I will post them back here. Will be a few weeks (still saving) just getting prepared. I'll have a look at the 2nd hand rings too. Cheers

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

If you want to take a look locally, I have bought from GP Israel before. Their diamonds are very fairly priced for local diamonds. I have dealt with Cheryl in the past but I believe she is on maternity leave at the moment.

http://www.gpisraeldiamonds.com.au/

They are in the Trust building, corner of King and Castlereagh. Worth seeing what they have on offer. They are both wholesalers and direct to public, but they don't have a shopfront.

Pattey21

Rough_Rock

Thankyou for your repsonse, i have been looking at the various sites suggested and have found a one that i think are reasonable.
Any thoughts on this diamond or zoara as a business. Obviously the excellent cut grading is self assessed but the cut dimensions seem reasonable

http://www.zoara.com.au/diamonds/p_princess_excellent_cut_i_vs1#p=3769867

Cheers
Patrick

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results