shape
carat
color
clarity

Aurora Designer (Etsy) - any pics?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi - has anyone purchased from this etsy shop, Aurora Designer?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraDesigner

They have killer reviews but I'm wondering about the quality of their melee/small stones, hard to say from photos/video. If you have any photos or any experiences to relate, please share!

Thanks in advance. =)

some of their stuff...i'm thinking about getting one or two of their tiara rings or pave bands.
upload_2018-10-26_16-45-35.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MelloYello8 has some experience with the vendor posted in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lightbox-has-a-countdown.243815/page-3

The CSs appear windowed to me, so I assume they are either lower quality or possibly lab gems given the price? And that’s fine either way so long as you know/understand what you’re buying. If you’re thinking about going with a CS version and concerned about the quality of the stones, maybe post in inquiry in the Colored Stones forum section to get opinions there.:wavey:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MelloYello8 has some experience with the vendor posted in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lightbox-has-a-countdown.243815/page-3

The CSs appear windowed to me, so I assume they are either lower quality or possibly lab gems given the price? And that’s fine either way so long as you know/understand what you’re buying. If you’re thinking about going with a CS version and concerned about the quality of the stones, maybe post in inquiry in the Colored Stones forum section to get opinions there.:wavey:

Cool thanks, I pinged MY. I think they are natural but not the best quality. For occasional wear rings they don't need to be top notch but I don't want them to be cr**y either. :lol: appreciate it!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you ever end up ordering from them @bludiva? I’m considering a platinum and diamond eternity band.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of their bands. They are super easy to work with, and the ones I have bought so far have been on time and as pictured.

The tiara ring on bottom of the stack is from them. Took about 4 weeks. About a week under their estimate.

And in the rose gold set of bands, the little cuff ring with black diamonds is from them also. Also on time.

HTH.

tiararing.jpg rosegoldblackdiamond.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever end up ordering from them @bludiva? I’m considering a platinum and diamond eternity band.

I did order a couple of sapphire bands and just got them this week. The workmanship & quality looks good to me, especially considering the price. I'm debating keeping or reselling b/c I don't love the orange on me but it's not the maker's fault. There are 4 more bands I'd like to get from them (!) and may do so if they have a good sale in the future. But add all that up and it's 1 really nice ring...so sitting on that idea for a while. Really curious about their diamond quality, I'd expect it's sparkly enough for a stacking ring.

FYI there is a 10% off code til the 31st.

upload_2018-12-26_11-52-8.png
Indoor lighting - this is true to what i see

upload_2018-12-26_11-51-3.png
Natural light - looks a little lighter than what i see

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m now very interested in their tiara rings - the aesthetic is very Melanie Casey with a hint of Kataoka

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Stock settings are inexpensive, but custom is comparable in price to other vendors. I will post a picture of my rubellite ring when it’s done.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@strawrose congrats! Are you happy w the quality/workmanship?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@strawrose congrats! Are you happy w the quality/workmanship?

Thanks! I like it. I don’t see any bubbles or malformations from the casting. It’s definitely not sloppy. The stone was not perfect in shape, but they made it even as possible.

AuroraDesigner

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi there, thank you for responding! We wanted to clarify that all of the gemstones used in our jewelry are natural and earth-mined, with the exception of moissanites that are also used in our pieces.

Most of the diamond melees we use are SI/GH quality. Colored gemstones are good quality, mostly clean with occasional inclusions. All of the gemstones used are hand-picked by our owner. We strive to provide you top quality items at an accessible price.

AuroraDesigner

Rough_Rock
Trade
9617E276-2571-4A14-AC82-9011C82319B9.jpeg 18CEAD38-43A0-40E3-AAFF-BE662321210B.jpeg

Here is my rubellite set. Such bad lighting today.

What a gorgeous ring! We do want to clarify that we were not the maker for this ring.

**edited by moderator, no self promotion allowed**

Last edited by a moderator:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! We do want to clarify that we were not the maker for this ring.

We do custom pieces and our prices are very good, especially on our salt and pepper diamond and Montana sapphire engagement rings.

Oops! Sorry about that. This was Aurosi. I will take a look at your shop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results