shape
carat
color
clarity

Aurias diamonds from the Ekati mines in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have info on these Canadian diamonds? I''m considering buying one and am wondering what to expect as far as price and quality.
Thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I stock them.
They are cut to a high tolerance for symmetry and polish.
The proportions are often around 55-58% table, 35 crown and 41 pavilion angle. Many are H&A's.
The prices like most Canadian stones are a little higher ~ 15% ?? than most.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
That's what we saw on most of the reports for these stones here in the states, 35 crown / 41 pavilion, not a single Holloway ideal in the bunch
1.gif
. Borderline steep/deep, eh?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
They used to say they were all H&As. Recently, though, I checked their website and they seem to have two tiers of stones now--one regular, which I assume is not H&A, and then a higher tier which is.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of buying Canadian because than you know your not buying a diamond from Angola, Liberia etc... however they seem to be about twice as expensive!!! At least thats what I've found out from looking around the internet last night. I am just not that rich of a liberal! So if I'm not going to buy Candian then Im thinking maybe I should start just shopping based on price. That is unless I can find a Canadian diamond at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results