shape
carat
color
clarity

AURIAS ® diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wizard

Rough_Rock
The AURIAS® website sells diamonds certified by GIA & AGS. When the site first launched, all the details of the AGS certificate were posted, including pavillion and crown angles - excellent. BUT now all those details have been deliberately removed by AURIAS®. I saw an AURIAS® brochure recently that proclaims " cut is of such supreme importance that we strive to craft each and every diamond according to the ideal cut specification.....our strict selection criteria permits only the top cut grades to be made available". The brochure specifies that the ideal cut has a pavillion angle range of 40.5 to 41.0 degrees. HOWEVER when examining their website and looking at AGS certificate details, very nearly all of the diamonds had pavillion angles 41.1 degrees and higher. In Australia and almost definitively in the U.S.A. a statement such as AURIAS® has made about their diamonds would be deceptive and the action of removing the details from the website maybe fraudulent. You can only wonder about the pavillion and crown angles for the GIA certificate diamonds. Perhaps GIA & AGS should stop providing certificates to AURIAS® while AURIAS® ( BHP P/L ) continues to engage in questionable behaviour.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Wizard,It seems to me that if there is fraud being perpetrated, GIA and AGS are not the proper agencies here. I suppose you would know who enforces that law in Australia. They could be reported to the Better Business Bureau or other agency in the US.GIA and AGS can grade any diamond-I assume the buyer of the stone gets the grading report. The AGS report the consumer receives will say the cut grade. This type of information is all most consumers have. It is up to consumers to educate themselves. When AGS and GIA come up with new cut grading, all receiving these reports will be better served.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From down here in sleepy hollow - the land of Oz, very few people know that diamonds have facets and angles.
Aurias probably give more information than is commonly available. There are no super ideals, H&A's etc being sold here other than those we sell in my business.
I cant comment on whether the site had info pulled. I can report however that they have spent a lot of money promoting the website here, and it would appear that this has been a waste of money as they have recently decided to become a regular wholesaler copying the Argyle Diamonds model.
Would you care to comment Aurias?
Garry

aurias

Rough_Rock
AURIAS would like to respond to the posting by Wizard on the 6-02-2001.AURIAS does sell diamonds certified by the GIA and AGS, as Wizard indicates. However, the grading certificate information pertaining to each diamond has never been removed from the site, and continues to be available. We invite interested parties to browse our diamond collection in the Show Me, Diamond Purchase area of aurias.com. Grading certificate details are available for each and every diamond via the hyperlinked grading certificate number. As Wizard recalls, AURIAS does strive to cut each and every diamond according to ideal cut specifications. This statement does not imply that every diamond is cut according to this specification, but that it is the standard for which we aim. Many AURIAS diamonds do fall within these specifications. AURIAS continues to have a policy of full disclose of information relating to our product, hence the publishing of full grading certificate details.We invite you to visit aurias.com and verify the facts stated above. Enquiries are always welcome on 1800 AURIAS (within Australia).AURIAS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results