shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage STAR & Alexandrite Engagement Ring

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I posted a year(ish) ago about my August Vintage Cushion and alexandrite ring. My AVC was 1.16 ct, N color, VS2, AGS 0/0/0. While I absolutely loved my AVC, when we added the flanking alexandrite we had it reset in white gold (our previous white gold setting had a higher gold content and was yellower, so I assumed the new setting would be the same).

The new setting was much whiter, even unplated, and the contrast eventually got to me. My husband and I decided to upgrade to a 1.2 ct K color AVC Star (I still love the warmer white colors, which I think enhances the antique cut). While doing research online, I couldn't find any user pictures of the new star cut. So other PSers have some user pics for reference (and because I just picked my new ring up and I'm super excited :razz:), I attached pics!

I also saw a lot of people looking for filigree scroll wedding bands (like the one in my pics) but unable to find them. After a lot of research, I found a store in Pennsylvania that sells them, in case it helps anyone: http://www.marleneharriscol.com/

My opinion on the AVC vs AVS: I love both. But, I am IN love with the AVS. It sparkles way more than the AVC, but I still see huge flashes of color. It's absolutely stunning, and I love the pattern even more - the Maltese cross isn't as pronounced, but it's definitely still there.

Also, sorry for the terrible pics - I took them on my walk into work. I'll try and post some better pics of it in different lighting.

Shout out to all the amazing people at GOG who reset my ring and sent it back out with an amazing 4-day turnaround, and special thanks to David for going above and beyond! :D

fullsizerender__3_5.jpg

fullsizerender__2_10.jpg

fullsizerender__4_4.jpg

fullsizerender__5_2.jpg

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
And a few more pics attached!

fullsizerender__6_1.jpg

fullsizerender__7_1.jpg

fullsizerender__8_.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Done! :) Thanks for the suggestion aca!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love your AV star! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just gorgeous!! Love everything about it and it looks perfect with the filigree band! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wowee- I'm so glad you posted your beautiful ring/upgrade!

It is such a unique one of a kind piece. I think the new AVC star looks gorgeous, and the whole package with your ring and band is beautiful. Congrats!

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!! :D

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous ring! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new stone! Such a pretty ring! :love: Thanks for the link to the bands, too!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I really fell in love with your ring when you posted it with the AVC and this version of it with the AVS looks even better! :love:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the AVS. I have not seen an AVC or AVR in person so this is helpful.
I have to admit that it took me a second to figure out that AVS meant August Vintage Star-LOL. PS's lingo is certainly unique.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Auughhhhh, I love this! We finally get to see an AVS!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are absolutely stunning on your hand, more pics!!!

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
SO lovely! I loved your original AVC and alexandrite ring... This one is even more beautiful with your stunning AVS!! Such a unique combination. Definitely one of my PS favorites! :appl: :appl: Congrats and enjoy!

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
:D :D Ah I'm overwhelmed, thank you so much everyone!!! I promise to post more pics soon that better show how the AVS looks IRL - I want to get some decent ones outside but it's been gross and cloudy here for days. I'll post some as soon as I can! ::)

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Wow, love it. AVCS looks so white and bright.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
The rings are absolutely stunning on your hand and truly unique, more pics!!! :love:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Diamond and CS's Beautiful combination! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lovely ring...simply beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring! It looks gorgeous on you.
The diamond and alexandrite combination looks stunning and the AVS is really something :love: :love: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring! And - what a great conversation piece with the Alexandrite! It's a more unusual ER stone and oooooo - the changing colors!! How did you get the idea for the alexandrites? Just curious. Your wedding band is so yummy too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and how cool to have alexandrite in your ring.

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!! ::) and motownmama - believe or not, the idea for the Alexandrite was from my husband (then-fiancé)! I'm a PS addict and one day I was researching color change gemstones for fun, and showing him some on multicolour. He loved the alexandrite especially and wanted to add it the ring - and who am I to argue?? :angel: :D

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! This is one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen. I absolutely love the gorgeous AVS and the alexandrites together. I've never seen an AVS so thanks for posting pics. You've got some great finger coverage there and it's so unique. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results