shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Moissy vs Diamond

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
I'm curious as to anyone's thoughts/opinions if you've seen both the AVC in diamond and in moissanite, are they identical? What are the differences?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen the avc moissy in person. It's nice. It's not my cup of tea bc I've always wanted diamonds and more diamonds. :lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both Moissanite and Diamonds, not the AVC though.
The main difference between diamond and Moissanite is the sparkle. Moissanite has a higher refractive index than diamonds so it can be more “disco ball”.
Some love that look, others don’t.
The other issue is that Moissanite is double refractive but I believe with cutting both this aspect (plus the slightly yellowish toning) are minisised.
And the price differential means you can get a lot more Moissanite on your finger than diamond.
Personal choice, I love both.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen the avc moissy in person. It's nice. It's not my cup of tea bc I've always wanted diamonds and more diamonds. :lol:
How would you describe the difference? Looking at my OEC moissy and my OEC diamond, the diamond looks more water-like. But I don’t have any new moissy which is supposed to be much more diamond like and the August Vintages are apparently cut to minimise the double refractiveness

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, moissy has what I describe as an aurora borealis look to it, kind of like what I've seen in low-iridescence sequins. I don't see that in diamonds.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would you describe the difference? Looking at my OEC moissy and my OEC diamond, the diamond looks more water-like. But I don’t have any new moissy which is supposed to be much more diamond like and the August Vintages are apparently cut to minimise the double refractiveness
I don't think that someone who looked at your hand would go omg moissy. Then again to the average person the chunky look may be far from what they normally are used to seeing so...

Q

Queenie60

Maybe @Rhino Can give us a more detailed answer? Jonathan? I have an AVC moissy and it's beautiful. However, I haven't seen a diamond AVC in person.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the tag @Queenie60

You're giving me inspiration for a new video. ;-)

In detail ...

When you view both gems side by side here are the differences.

Natural ambient/diffuse daylight: Face up you'd be hard pressed to see the difference. Both gems are virtually indistinguishable in this lighting and at this angle. When you tilt both gems to an angle is where you may catch some of the double refraction in the moissy. You can see this in greater clarity with the macro 360 videos I shoot of both diamond and moissy. The eyes picks this up but more vaguely so in diffuse lighting that's where you'd see a difference.

Spot lighting: ... this is where the more obvious visual differences occur and the stronger reflections of light in and out of the diamond result in a stronger display of the double refraction. The fire/dispersion/rainbows are ... well let's just say it'd freak out the GemEx BrillianceScope. :razz: :tongue:

Hope that helps.

Rhino

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In detail ...

Natural ambient/diffuse daylight: Face up you'd be hard pressed to see the difference. Both gems are virtually indistinguishable in this lighting and at this angle. When you tilt both gems to an angle is where you may catch some of the double refraction in the moissy. You can see this in greater clarity with the macro 360 videos I shoot of both diamond and moissy. The eyes picks this up but more vaguely so in diffuse lighting that's where you'd see a difference.

Spot lighting: ... this is where the more obvious visual differences occur and the stronger reflections of light in and out of the diamond result in a stronger display of the double refraction. The fire/dispersion/rainbows are ... well let's just say it'd freak out the GemEx BrillianceScope. :razz: :tongue:

Hope that helps.

Rhino
Jon - when you say "the stronger reflections of light in and out of the diamond result in a stronger display of the double refraction." do you mean moissy here or diamond?
ps a new video would be AWESOME.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rhino actually did a video comparing an AVC moissy and an AVC diamond awhile back! I found this to be very helpful when I was moissy shopping. :mrgreen2:

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rhino actually did a video comparing an AVC moissy and an AVC diamond awhile back! I found this to be very helpful when I was moissy shopping. :mrgreen2:

I thought amora was different than moissy?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In detail ...

Hope that helps.

Rhino

I’d love to see a new video comparing the two. ;)2

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
I'm curious as to anyone's thoughts/opinions if you've seen both the AVC in diamond and in moissanite, are they identical? What are the differences?
August vintage moissanite is a doppelgänger for a diamond the stones are not like moissanite were used to they are new rough they are white they don’t have green and they are cut to perfection you cannot tell the difference between either save your money and go for an August vintage Moissy they are to die for.. you will be so happy you did!
Dana

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
I have diamonds/And was up SAST with that at one point never again will I waste my money these things are amazing

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
Check out his insta.. I believe so strongly in this because if I could save one person from spending so much money and it is so worth it ..
trust me I have bought so many and have been a diamond and moissy junkie forever these new stones are just off the chain amazing

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I appreciate your kind words @Blingedout

IMHO the moissy market and the diamond market are two different beasts. Sure they cross over but there are people who will and will not purchase the other for various reason and there are many who will purchase both. My goal ultimately is to provide people with options. :))

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
You are welcome, I hear you on that.. But I’m almost positive somebody that would go for either or and just purchased one of your stones I guarantee they would not return it!!:D

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
My friend bought one, makes me smile every time I see it I will be getting one very soon ...
They are perfection to my !!

Blingedout

Rough_Rock
And I hear you, you sell both. It’s like a one stop shop for all options and the settings I see on your site are all so beautiful and your customer service is right there with D Klass just amazing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results