carat
color
clarity

August Vintage is gone...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... to be replaced by Distinctive Gem!

The new 'Distinctive Rectangular Cushion' looks pretty nice - in stuff we cannot talk about in here ;-) but I presume Diamond will be along shortly, knowing @Rhino! :lol:

(Hope I'm not stealing his thunder with this post... lol, and I hope I've not missed an announcement and am thus making myself look silly! :lol: )

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What does it mean when ppl say they can't mention it here?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I also just discovered that while browsing their IG yesterday ~

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does it mean when ppl say they can't mention it here?
It probably means it's either moissanite or lab-diamond, both of which August Vintage/Distinctive Gems cut as well as natural diamond. The "can't mention it here" relates to the forum rule that RockyTalky is for talk about natural diamonds only.
There are other fora on the board for moissanite (Fabulous Fashion) and lab-diamonds (Lab-grown/MMD).
RockyTalky is also for discussion on cut though so sometimes you get some cross-posting where the material being cut isn't the main part of the question.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh thank you for explaining!

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
To be clear and contrary to the title of this thread, August Vintage is not gone. It was created & cut by Good Old Gold for over a dozen years. It's current growth has been stalled due to litigation, but the future looks bright!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
To be clear and contrary to the title of this thread, August Vintage is not gone. It was created & cut by Good Old Gold for over a dozen years. It's current growth has been stalled due to litigation, but the future looks bright!

It seems like you only read the title and not the post. The title was used in this case to grab our attention, but alas its just a name change and a rebranding of sorts. Im not sure what litigation youre reffering to, care to elaborate?

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
So the name August Vintage is staying with GOG I’m assuming?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this thread got awkward quickly... :lol: lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, Jonathan Weingarten, who everyone here long term knows created the original design for August Vintage stones and owns the patents, will continue to produce the these stones. I have no idea about future brand names or what he is using the Distinctive Gems name for as I am not on IG much. I just know Jonathan gave his whole heart into developing these beautiful representations of antique stones with ideal light return, and I am certain he intends to continue producing them as well as additional cuts with great light return!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like details of the litigation too. Who brought a lawsuit against whom?!?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I googled and found the info quickly, not sure if I can/should post it here so I’ll refrain but if you search Good Old Gold August Vintage lawsuit it should come up
I was mostly interested in @Matt B answering as he is the one who brought it up. He seems to have insider knowledge.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I've missed a lot lately....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results