shape
carat
color
clarity

August 2010 Healthy Lifestyle

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone. I am so sorry to see another weekend come to an end. I am dreading work tomorrow. My boss and I had a brief but disturbing exchange on Friday. After a week of fighting with my new piece of software he pretty much told me I have gone from constructive criticism to “bitching” and he was tired of hearing about it. There is a daily meeting on it and I have to report all the bugs. I think he resents having to attend the meetings every day but he also said everyone in the cube farm knows about it too. I never set at my desk, I don’t wander around and talk to people and our office has a door that is generally closed. The only way anyone would know anything is because the program manager on the project keeps catching me in the isle and asking me questions about bugs. Of course perception is reality and since he already things I am complaining what is the point in trying to explain it to him? This just shows me how little he thinks of me.

I spent a great deal of my day playing Angry Birds and finishing a book on my ereader. Marty made himself some Thai soup and curry lamb so I cooked myself a burger on the grill and had a baked potato for my supper.

Take care and have a great week.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

SDL - I have the New Balance version of the Reebok easytones. I love them! I wore out the first pair and am on my second. My legs are definitely more tone than they have ever been, but right now I'm at my thinnest weight since high school. I can tell that they make me walk straighter, and I can feel different muscles in my legs working. I haven't walked in anything else since I bought the first pair in January.

Hi dragonfly! I'm sorry to hear that things are so stressful right now. Hopefully things will calm down soon.

Lisa - I hope your pooch is feeling better. How did the race go?

appletini - For a few weeks at work it seems like we had luncheons just about every other day! That makes it tough when you're trying to be good.

marcy - how scary about the house across the street! Fires are so devastating - glad the people are okay. I hope poor Marty can get some much needed rest so he can feel better soon. I bet traveling like that really does a number on the body! I had a hard time adjusting - and I only went through 3 time zones. One of my nieces put the free version of Angry Birds on my phone today, and my phone was completely dead when I left my mom's house so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. My niece told me she was totally addicted to it. I'm sorry about work. That really stinks. I have a huge fear that I am going to be taken out of my job at work and put on the project team for our new computer system, which is a 3-5 yr project, and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I haven't done a whole lot the last few days. I hurt my back around the place where I herniated a disc a few years ago and have been taking it really easy with only light activity - very slow walks in the evening. My leg is really driving me crazy. I have been stuck in the house for too many days, so we headed home to KY for our weekly dinner/wiffleball game/pool outing with my family. They're such a goofy bunch! I did okay food-wise this week and have lost 2 of the 4 pounds I gained in Seattle. Woo-hoo! Have a great week everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hope your back and leg feel better soon. Good idea to take it easy. Congratulations for losing the few pounds you gained on your trip. Woo hoo for being a skinny lady like high school again. What a great feeling! I do feel very bad for those people losing everything in the fire. I hope they don't put you on that project at work. We just need to win the lotto so we don't have to work and deal with office politics. :bigsmile:

ETA: Angry Birds is very fun and addictive. I am on my third game and cannot get the last one of 21. I have been working on it for an hour. Aak!
:wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening!

marcy - A guy I worked with a few years ago on a legal issue (I denied his service credit request and he appealed all the way to the state supreme court - I won that one) won the lottery last week. 79 million! He called today to let me know he's retiring. Think he'll slide a few million my way for doing my job? Yeah, probably not. He's a super nice man, but wow! I'm jealous!!! I'm still not understanding how I am back to my high school size. My 18 yr old niece and I wear the same size, but I don't see it. She looks small to me, and in my head I still look mostly like I did when I joined ww. Lousy brain won't let me enjoy it! I really don't want to work on the computer project, but I've already unofficially been told I'm on the team. Boo.

Matt and I are getting ready to take our walk. Poor Lily Pie gets bored walking so slow, so hopefully we can speed it up a bit. We had taco salad for dinner and fresh fruit for dessert. Matt is heading out of town bright and early in the morning, but will hopefully be back tomorrow night. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My abs were sore all weekend from my Thurs and Friday workout classes, yesterday I thought I was fine until I went to Total Body and we did ab work. Oh well bring it on b/c I have to wear a bathing suit this weekend.

I'm still having eye issues. Went to the eye dr (different one same practice) yesterday for the 4th time this summer. I decided to try daily disposable contacts b/c I had some issues with dryness and itching at the end of last week. Well I wore a pair home and this morning my left eye is all red. I'm supposed to back in on Thurs for a follow up to see how they are working for me. He did say that original infection is for sure gone so I must be having an allergic reaction to something. I'm so tired of dealing with this mess.

Deegee have you looked at any older photos recently and compared them to a recent photo? Since you see yourself everyday I'm sure it harder to see the change.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

appletini - I wear daily disposables. I wear Ciba vision focus dailies aqua comfort. I couldn't wear the regular dailies, but the aqua comfort works for me. I still have to use prescription eye drops twice a day though, for eye allergies. I don't have any old pictures of me before I lost weight. I have been avoiding the camera for so long! When I reached my goal, the ww leader asked me to bring in a before picture. I couldn't find one anywhere. Somehow I even managed to dodge family Thanksgiving and Christmas pictures.

Matt made it back home tonight just in time for dinner. I made one purty pizza. I should have taken a picture! I was so proud of that thing, and it was super tasty too. I made my half with green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and fat-free cheese, and Matt's side had pepperoni, peppers, and cheese. I have some of my side left for lunch tomorrow, but Matt ate every bit of his. We already took our walk and I intend to get to bed before midnight tonight. I'm sure I'll get distracted by something and end up staying up until 1:30 as usual! Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone!! August is almost over, and hopefully cooler & less humid weather is on the way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day.

We went to the Verizon store after work today and left unhappy and not impressed. Marty was looking at one of the smart phones he can set up as a hot spot to use his iPad at work but after waiting 30 plus minutes he knew more about the phones than the girl waiting on him. Then phones are so expensive anymore even with renewing our plan the phone was $199 after rebate. I want a touch screen but I am not available for an upgrade until December. We went and split a burger and had a glass of wine after supper.

I was so sad that I finished all of my Angry Bird’s segments but Marty showed me I have many more in there. Woo hoo!

Deegee, that is something about that guy winning the lottery. Good for him. He should slip you a few million. I understand what you mean about you don’t see yourself as others see you. It is hard to get a new self image. Give it time; the more you see yourself the more you’ll get used to it. You worked hard to get there. Marty is going out of town for the day Thursday. Our guys travel too much, huh? At least Matt made it home tonight. I was going to make pizza tonight but since we went out I will try to make it tomorrow. You sound like me never getting to bed at an early time. I cannot believe it is September already either.

Appletini, I hope they fix your contacts for you. I have a very hard time finding solutions that don’t irritate me too. Good luck.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results