shape
carat
color
clarity

Aubergine Tahitians from Andrew Moline

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone looking for gem Tahitian pearls - bump @molinePDG to the top of your go-to list!!

My latest showed up on his IG a couple of times so I'll call those the vendor photos ::)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMk0Jo2F2cP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Aubergine_IG_1.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNTTt4ZFHQ8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Aubergine_IG_2.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They're 10-11mm (10.4mm by my calipers) with impeccably sharp luster, medium-dark body, and astoundingly strong overtone. And they're extremely well matched - matching really does seem to be the most challenging part of buying pairs!

Aubergine_1.png

Aubergine_2.png

Luster... I can check my mascara in these. No exaggeration.

Aubergine_3.png

The overtone colour is shifty - it changes a ton with environment brightness. In a darker room the purple shows through more; keep lighting the same and switch to a lighter background - or keep background the same and turn the overheads on - and those blue centers become more and more prominent :love:

Aubergine_4 copy copy.png

Aubergine_5 copy copy.png

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Where's the gif of the heavy breathing cat lol
Absolutely stunning!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For anyone looking for gem Tahitian pearls - bump @molinePDG to the top of your go-to list!!

My latest showed up on his IG a couple of times so I'll call those the vendor photos ::)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMk0Jo2F2cP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Aubergine_IG_1.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNTTt4ZFHQ8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Aubergine_IG_2.png

They're 10-11mm (10.4mm by my calipers) with impeccably sharp luster, medium-dark body, and astoundingly strong overtone. And they're extremely well matched - matching really does seem to be the most challenging part of buying pairs!

Aubergine_1.png

Aubergine_2.png

Luster... I can check my mascara in these. No exaggeration.

Aubergine_3.png

The overtone colour is shifty - it changes a ton with environment brightness. In a darker room the purple shows through more; keep lighting the same and switch to a lighter background - or keep background the same and turn the overheads on - and those blue centers become more and more prominent :love:

Aubergine_4 copy copy.png

Aubergine_5 copy copy.png

Lovelly :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love these colorful Tahitians. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: They make me drool...

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I'm in love with these!!!!!!!!!!:kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
These are…wow, let me catch my breath!

Is it fair to call them…sultry?

For object(s) to be both luminous and tenebrous simultaneously is a feat of nature!

Pure magic. Putting lookalikes on my pearl wishlist immediately!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sultry... I'll take that home :halo::love:

There was a drilling issue with these pearls and I briefly considered not keeping them, but they were much too pretty to send back!! My local jeweller worked magic with some findings and looking at them now you'd never know anything was amiss - he did a wonderful job :appl: :love:

With my Moline multicolour bracelet ::)

Aubergine_Brclt_1.png

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are…wow, let me catch my breath!

Is it fair to call them…sultry?

For object(s) to be both luminous and tenebrous simultaneously is a feat of nature!

Pure magic. Putting lookalikes on my pearl wishlist immediately!

Yesssssssss……..sultry!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Sultry... I'll take that home :halo::love:

There was a drilling issue with these pearls and I briefly considered not keeping them, but they were much too pretty to send back!! My local jeweller worked magic with some findings and looking at them now you'd never know anything was amiss - he did a wonderful job :appl: :love:

With my Moline multicolour bracelet ::)

Aubergine_Brclt_1.png

The luster is just out of this world! Seeing it next to your masterpiece bracelet definitely is an interesting perspective!

Is the luster…even sharper than any pearl on your bracelet? Am I nuts? Or is that a photography trick? I’m very curious to hear about what your eyes are seeing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster is just out of this world! Seeing it next to your masterpiece bracelet definitely is an interesting perspective!

Is the luster…even sharper than any pearl on your bracelet? Am I nuts? Or is that a photography trick? I’m very curious to hear about what your eyes are seeing.

The luster on this pair is about equivalent to the sharpest pearls in the bracelet - so they're a touch sharper than many of the bracelet pearls! But yeah, the difference isn't quite as dramatic as that photo might suggest.

Light was waning when I took these pics so I opened the lens a fair bit which does reduce depth of field pretty dramatically, and lens vignetting is a known issue with my camera unfortunately. Here's another pic from a few minutes later, it was even darker and I had to open the lens even more, and now the pearls in front of and behind my focus depth (basically between those white lines) are even blurrier! The dark green bracelet pearl on the right, between the two white lines - that one's got the sharpest reflections of them all. It's even sharper than the studs. And the blue/purple bracelet pearl on the left between the two white lines, that's the least lustrous of the lot. I struggled a bit with that one, as I do have some more lustrous spare greens, but ultimtaly colour won out...

Aubergine_Brclt_5.png

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The luster on this pair is about equivalent to the sharpest pearls in the bracelet - so they're a touch sharper than many of the bracelet pearls! But yeah, the difference isn't quite as dramatic as that photo might suggest.

Light was waning when I took these pics so I opened the lens a fair bit which does reduce depth of field pretty dramatically, and lens vignetting is a known issue with my camera unfortunately. Here's another pic from a few minutes later, it was even darker and I had to open the lens even more, and now the pearls in front of and behind my focus depth (basically between those white lines) are even blurrier! The dark green bracelet pearl on the right, between the two white lines - that one's got the sharpest reflections of them all. It's even sharper than the studs. And the blue/purple bracelet pearl on the left between the two white lines, that's the least lustrous of the lot. I struggled a bit with that one, as I do have some more lustrous spare greens, but ultimtaly colour won out...

View attachment 838316

Now I see what you are talking about. The deep green pearl provides a great reference point, as now I recall it from your original post.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it. I see what you mean with the blue / purple pearl - but that color is just stunning - I see why you made the concession.

Beyond blue Akoyas, I suspect that a blue / purple Tahitians would be my favorite, although I don’t own any.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue / purple Tahitians would be my favorite, although I don’t own any yet
Permit me the liberty of fixing that for you :bigsmile:

They're all my children... But I totally play favourites!! That deep green is a favoured child. These aubergines are too :halo: :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Permit me the liberty of fixing that for you :bigsmile:

They're all my children... But I totally play favourites!! That deep green is a favoured child. These aubergines are too :halo: :lol:

:lol:

It’s like with pets…I love all of them dearly (I have four). My days revolve around them…

But only one of them sleeps under the covers in the crook of my arm every night. :rolleyes:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly beautiful! Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big WOW!

cheers--Sharon

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @yssie , absolutely gorgeous pearls! yours are truly unparalleled. Where do I contact Andrew? I've done a quick Google search, but this only turned up an Instagram account. Does he have a website, or is his business just conducted through Instagram? Thanks!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, he's only through Instagram and/or through email. You can communicate with him via email as well, and I believe he will give that to you via Instagram. He does not have a website.

awesome! thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results