shape
carat
color
clarity

Attn: Goldengirl!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

Hey goldengirl, I know you don''t know who I am, but I have been reading the LIW posts for a while. And I happened to notice a little while ago that you were worried about having a six prong, low set ring with a flush wedding band. I tried to respond in that forum, but for some reason I couldn''t! Dumb me ;-)

So here I am. First of all, I have a six prong e-ring that is VERY VERY low set. I wanted to tell you that I went wedding band shopping today, and tried on several bands, MANY of which sat completely flush, even on my ring!!! I was sooooooo happy, and later thought that I should tell you too!!

Now let''s see if I can attach some pics of my ring so you can see how low it really is...

100_0519a.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for thinking of me!!
1.gif
You can''t respond to that thread cuz leonid locked it--we thought it might kinda force us to post on the forum instead of keeping it to the one thread.
2.gif

Hmm. This is very strange to me. I kinda assumed I wouldn''t be able to have a six-prong without curving or cutting a notch out of the wedding band and so when WF told me so I just let it go.

But now you are telling me differently (and so have other peeps!).

Can I ask what size your center stone is? Maybe that has something to do with it? Because the head does attach directly to the sitting-on-the-finger bit, so it''s not like it''s elevated above the potential w-band....hmm...how wide is your shank?

This is very curious. I think I''m going to have to do a little more sleuthing.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

Okay, so I finally found a ruler/measuring tape...My ring is 3mm wide with a 1.30 carat diamond in the middle. (Hopefully my pic attached below)

You see, I dragged (

31.gif
) my fiance to NYC yesterday to look in the diamond district. I stopped by Signed Pieces and tried on a bunch of eternity bands. They fit PERFECTLY!! As the guy (Jerry I believe) was pulling them out of the case, I made a quick remark to my fiance about how I hoped that there was not too much of a gap between my e-ring and the eternity band. Jerry laughed and said he highly doubted there would be, and he was right! Both the princess and round eternity bands fit fine, regardless of their total carat weight.

And at another store, I tried on some channel set bands (not eternity). The majority sat flush. One or two were definitely too tall to fit perfectly (the top of the ring was very tall, if you know what I mean), but like I said, that was a very small number that didn''t work.

But of course certain designs might be different, but I just didn''t want you thinking that ALL six prong, low set heads were going to be trouble. I certainly thought that (but I loved the e-ring too much to not get it), and I am much happier now that I know that I have sooo many options!!

100_0534a.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmph. Well.

Definitely something to think about...thank you!! I''m going to have to try on 6-prongs with bands and see what I come up with...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results