shape
carat
color
clarity

Attention PERFECTIONISTS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought this NY Times article was pretty interesting. Especially if you substitute in "custom e-ring" or "upgrade" for "kitchen remodel."

9.gif
2.gif

Some choice bits we ALL can identify with:

“People said it would be a great relief when it was over,” she recalled of the project that, for a while, had left a huge hole in the back wall of her house. Instead, she said, “there was a huge hole in my life.” “I was in mourning for the possibilities that were.”

AND

In other cases, the renovation went well, but not as well as in the renovator’s fantasies. “The light shines down in a way that makes clear that the backsplash tiles aren’t perfectly straight,” Ms. Toth said of her new kitchen. Whatever the results, Ms. Toth said, “they’re never going to be as good as what you imagined.”

LOVE THIS ...

Post-renovation depression may be particularly acute among people who don’t have office jobs. If you work at home, or not at all, renovation can become a kind of dream job: employees show up every morning looking for instructions, and there’s nobody to overrule you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
rofl sounds familiar!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha, deco that is great and true
39.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just redid our kitchen. We had an Italian tile company custom blend colors for our backsplash. Some of the tiles are not perfectly saturated with even color. The granite that we chose because we liked its variation and imperfections has an imperfection that I DON''T like smack in the middle of our 9'' long breakfast bar. The venthood shaft going to the ceiling has the *tiniest* dent in it where two pieces come together when you look at it at *just* the right (wrong!) angle. (Of course now it seems I ONLY look at it at this angle.) I could go on...

I bet if Jack Kelege (or any designer) knew this about my kitchen they would have told me to take a hike when I was looking to have my ring done, LOL.

Perfectionism is a DISEASE. If only there was a cure...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 1:52:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

What do they say? The first step is admitting there is a "problem" ...
3.gif
2.gif
I try to *force* myself to focus on the "big picture" & that helps *sometimes*.

Did you see the recent Oprah about "The Secret" ... re: laws of attraction & the belief that what you focus on (conciously or subconciously) EXPANDS. So, say, if we''re focusing on the problems & shortcomings & flaws & disappointments in our lives -- THAT''s what grows ... THAT''s what we attract MORE of. If we focus on being grateful for what''s RIGHT, what''s WORKING, what''s glossy & awesome & enviable & satisfying --- THAT''s what is attracted into our lives instead.

Shifting focus. That''s what I hope to, ha, perfect!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 1:52:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

There is. Age.
9.gif
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s so interesting Deco! Thanks for the article. Your analogy to custom rings and jewelry is SPOT ON.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results