shape
carat
color
clarity

Attempting to sell an Internally Flawless Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DunkUK

Rough_Rock
I am attempting to sell a Platinum ring inset with a internally flawless diamond that has come to be available after a separation in my family. I really have no idea regarding jewelry in general and would like some advice, and approximate price, on what steps i should take so I may be better versed in what to expect from appraisers or jewellers.
The Diamond is as follows:
WEIGHT: 0.25ct
SHAPE AND CUT: Round Brilliant Cut
MEASUREMENTS: 4.00 x 3.97 x 2.50mm
PROPORTION: Very Good
Depth: 62.7%
Table Diameter: 64%
Crown height: 14%
Pavillion Depth: 44%
Girdle: Medium
Finish Grade: Very Good
Purity: INTERNALLY FLAWLESS
Colour Grade: D

Complete with the E.G.L Diamond certificate

Thank you in advance for any help you can give
twirl.gif

Jason

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a nice looking ring.

Doing a quick search comparing you diamond to others like it I got this at BlueNile:
Car Col Clar Cut Pol/Sym Rep Price
0.35 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,770
0.34 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,720
0.34 D IF Ideal VG/VG GIA $1,720
0.34 D IF Ideal EX/EX GIA $1,785
0.33 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,669
0.32 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,619
0.31 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,568
0.31 D IF Ideal EX/EX GIA $1,627
0.30 D IF Ideal VG/EX GIA $1,428

It looks there are not many diamnds of your size out there ... perhaps making it rarer
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dunk!
wavey.gif

You should consider having the ring appraised by a free standing INDEPENDENT appraiser. Not a jeweler who does appraisals, but an actual appraiser. Look for one in your area in the phone book. If you can't find one, there's a list linked to this website. Just click on Appraisers at the top of the page.

The appraiser will verify the cut, color, size and clarity of the diamond, and give you a fair market price expectation. Jewelers tend to over inflate replacement values.

If you can't sell it yourself, you might consider consignment with a jeweler or there may be a high end auction in your area. We have one every few months where I live, and you can fetch a better price there than a regular auction. Also, Good Old Gold (a Price Scope vendor) does consignments with internet exposure. That's a thought for you.

Having a current appraisal and really good pics will be a great starting place.

Good luck with your sale!
1.gif

DunkUK

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info,

If I where to offer this on E-bay what sort of price range could anyone recommend?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
While certain companies on eBay do very well for price on items offered, bidders tend to try to find bargains from individual sellers.
8.gif
At least that's the trend I've noticed. If you are an established, Verified eBayer, you might fare better. Then again, I may be totally wrong and you might do very well.

Try posting with appraisal info, copy of the Cert, and great pics. For about $10 you can set up a reserve auction. If you don't get an offer close to what you want, you don't have to sell. Worth a shot!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results