shape
carat
color
clarity

Attacking the other candidate is ok but not the voters...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Attacking the other candidate is ok but not the voters..

NonieMarie|1473985441|4077170 said:
Your perception is your reality. Kudos to you for all your accomplishments. Just look at what you said....
"My belief is that citizens today DO have "equal opportunities", but perhaps not "equal outcomes", because in many cases the latter is determined by what one does with the first."
How many is many cases? You are basing your belief on what you were able to accomplish. Most are not like you, sometimes it takes hard work along with a lot of luck. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, luck is not with you. From your past posts, I can tell who those "many cases" are. We need to level the playing field with equal education for all children. Only through education will poverty and what comes with it be eradicated. President Johnson came close to conquering poverty. It was, with civil rights, his main goal. As the Vietnam War escalated, the money ran out. It could have happened.
I'm signing off of PS. My DH keeps telling me to step away from the computer. We leave for Italy next Fri and I have to figure out what I'm going to pack. Ciao :wavey:
The government programs will only keep people in poverty. People must conquer poverty themselves.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Attacking the other candidate is ok but not the voters..

Dancing Fire|1473988375|4077190 said:
JoCoJenn|1473975049|4077072 said:
My point was simply that we are all born to some set of circumstances in life with no say in them; everyone faces challenges in life; it's how we respond to them that determines our outcomes. I can spend all day dwelling on & blaming my parents, family members, neighbors/neighborhood, and a slew of bad things I was exposed to. But I chose & choose not to because I can't control those things, but I can control me and how I respond. I can control my choices, and decisions to help people in situations where I can, and I have. I just don't need to gloat about it to the world. The "average student" HAS opportunities as well. And they may have to go outside their comfort zone or community to find them. They may have to work harder in some areas (I sure did). But making excuses doesn't solve problems.

Fair? No. Harsh? Perhaps, but it's a fact.
Yup, most Liberals kept on making excuses after excuses for blacks. Why do many Asians excel in school? b/c most don't drop out of HS. Many Asians that I knew also grew up in the projects, attened broken down schools, but that didn't stop them from going to class and learn. IMO, no excuses for not staying in school.

I went to a broken down school, my parents went to it.. it was ancient.. my kids went to ancient and new schools, the schools didn't matter to me or my kids. Broken down schools don't stop kids from learning, poor teaching, lack of nutrition, lack of sleep, I was helped by the government, I appreciate it and am better for it. I didn't always learn in school, very rarely as a matter of fact, I was too tired. I loved school to rest from the trauma and drama at home and in my world. I say not everyone is a self starter, not everyone can get by without help.. we all need help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results