shape
carat
color
clarity

At last, my diamond has a final home by Victor Canera!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I almost didn’t recognize you with your new avatar. :wavey:
:mrgreen:

I had to do a double take. :kiss2:

You and Victor created perfection. I absolutely love the man and the ring he made for me. He is an absolute gentleman.

I am just delighted for you that together you made the perfect cushion halo! :appl:
You are giving me ideas :lol:

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story Diamondseeker! I've always been a huge fan of your AVR and it's lovely to see it set in Victors work - it brings the stone into a whole other league! Enjoy every minute.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously DS, it seems like your AVR has always been in this setting.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhh @diamondseeker2006 its the perfect home for your stunning stone and is gorgeous on your hand!! Congrats on having the patience to let the design come to you, so to speak. It’s absolutely beautiful!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondseeker2006, just out of curiosity, how does one send a valuable stone to the jeweller or is it local for you? This forum just opens my eyes to a whole world of many wonderful jewellers, most are rather far from where I am. Btw, your ring makes me smile whenever it see your pics. It’s just so beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I almost didn’t recognize you with your new avatar. :wavey:
:mrgreen:

I had to do a double take. :kiss2:

You and Victor created perfection. I absolutely love the man and the ring he made for me. He is an absolute gentleman.

I am just delighted for you that together you made the perfect cushion halo! :appl:
You are giving me ideas :lol:
Thank you, S! I love Victor, too, and that is a bonus in addition to his beautiful work! I really hesitated to change the avatar to something totally different, but this should be my final one!!!

I am so glad this worked out. It was definitely worth waiting for! Trust me, it makes me want to make another one myself!
What a wonderful story Diamondseeker! I've always been a huge fan of your AVR and it's lovely to see it set in Victors work - it brings the stone into a whole other league! Enjoy every minute.
Oh, thanks so much! I always felt my stone was beautiful but not quite finished. Kind of like a beautiful model with no makeup wearing a T-shirt and shorts! So I am pleased she’s finally wearing her evening gown! :D

Seriously DS, it seems like your AVR has always been in this setting.
Thank you!! You know, I feel that way, too. I had just confused myself with too many options!!! But when it came down to it, the design is similar to rings I had saved years ago but using Victor’s personal elements. I can’t believe that after all the uncertainty, I did end up with a ring I love 100%!!!

Ohhh @diamondseeker2006 its the perfect home for your stunning stone and is gorgeous on your hand!! Congrats on having the patience to let the design come to you, so to speak. It’s absolutely beautiful!!
Hi, Yenny!!! Thank you so much! I do think the wait was worth it rather than resetting multiple times!!! It’s kind of like when you just nailed your oval setting. This design happens to be similar to an old SS ring I saved In my photos years ago but with Victor’s design elements! Good to see you here!

Absolutely beautiful, @diamondseeker2006. Congrats! Love it! Wear it in good health!
Thank you so much!

@diamondseeker2006, just out of curiosity, how does one send a valuable stone to the jeweller or is it local for you? This forum just opens my eyes to a whole world of many wonderful jewellers, most are rather far from where I am. Btw, your ring makes me smile whenever it see your pics. It’s just so beautiful.

Thank you!!!
In this case, Victor sent me a. shipping label so it would be covered under his insurance, and I paid for shipping both ways. I think if someone buys a diamond from him and has him make the setting, he pays for the shipping. If a vendor will not provide a shipping label, the only safe insured way for an individual to ship an item of value is through USPS Registered Mail. It is slow (can take a few days to a couple of weeks) but extremely safe. You can get insurance up to $50k. I’ve done it both ways with no issues!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, S! I love Victor, too, and that is a bonus in addition to his beautiful work! I really hesitated to change the avatar to something totally different, but this should be my final one!!!

I am so glad this worked out. It was definitely worth waiting for! Trust me, it makes me want to make another one myself!

Oh, thanks so much! I always felt my stone was beautiful but not quite finished. Kind of like a beautiful model with no makeup wearing a T-shirt and shorts! So I am pleased she’s finally wearing her evening gown! :D

Thank you!! You know, I feel that way, too. I had just confused myself with too many options!!! But when it came down to it, the design is similar to rings I had saved years ago but using Victor’s personal elements. I can’t believe that after all the uncertainty, I did end up with a ring I love 100%!!!

Hi, Yenny!!! Thank you so much! I do think the wait was worth it rather than resetting multiple times!!! It’s kind of like when you just nailed your oval setting. This design happens to be similar to an old SS ring I saved In my photos years ago but with Victor’s design elements! Good to see you here!

Thank you so much!

Thank you!!!
In this case, Victor sent me a. shipping label so it would be covered under his insurance, and I paid for shipping both ways. I think if someone buys a diamond from him and has him make the setting, he pays for the shipping. If a vendor will not provide a shipping label, the only safe insured way for an individual to ship an item of value is through USPS Registered Mail. It is slow (can take a few days to a couple of weeks) but extremely safe. You can get insurance up to $50k. I’ve done it both ways with no issues!

Thank you for the information, @diamondseeker2006. I’d never have thought of the USPS. Your ring inspired me to start a new Pinterest board. Perhaps one day I’ll be brave enough to redo a nearly 5ct diamond ring my mom left me. It’s nearly 50 years old but I haven’t never really worn it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, love everything about it. Love how the band is made, just beautiful

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! I love the tri- wire, actually I love everything about it. :kiss2:
Congratulations!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, @diamondseeker2006 , what an amazing home for your stone! I think so highly of Victor and his work and I am so glad you got to partner with him. Like someone else said, it is as if your stone was always meant to be in this setting!!!

How are you finding the tri-wire in terms of comfort? I love the look but have never worn one. Curious how it feels between the fingers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, @diamondseeker2006 , what an amazing home for your stone! I think so highly of Victor and his work and I am so glad you got to partner with him. Like someone else said, it is as if your stone was always meant to be in this setting!!!

How are you finding the tri-wire in terms of comfort? I love the look but have never worn one. Curious how it feels between the fingers.

Thanks so much, Tonks! I still can hardly believe I finally found the perfect setting!

I kind of relate the tri-wire shank to a knife edge shank. If you wear it with a band about the same height, you'd never feel it. My fingers are rarely pushed together, so I am not conscious of feeling it worn alone. In fact, I really hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it! Victor perfectly placed the cuffs just above where my fingers would connect side by side, and I think that helps, too.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker, I hate to be demanding but we're going to need at least one video of this beauty!!!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Your AVR has always been one of my favorites and now its just perfect! I am so glad that Victor was able to create such a lovely setting for you. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, I hate to be demanding but we're going to need at least one video of this beauty!!!
Ha! That’s a great idea other than I’ve never done it! I’ll have to see if I can figure out how!
Your AVR has always been one of my favorites and now its just perfect! I am so glad that Victor was able to create such a lovely setting for you. :)

Aww, thank you!! It finally feels like it’s complete! Very thankful Victor was willing to do it for me!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love this ring. And that stone! Gorgeous. I keep returning to this thread to visit it. :love:

Q

Queenie60

Perfect! Fits right in with all of your perfect taste in bling. Congratulations, you finally did it!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely beautiful!! I love everything about it!!
Thank you!!!

Love, love this ring. And that stone! Gorgeous. I keep returning to this thread to visit it. :love:
Thanks, Ann! It took me long enough!!! lol! (I think I posted a couple more pictures on page 4 if you didn't see those.)

Perfect! Fits right in with all of your perfect taste in bling. Congratulations, you finally did it!!!!

Finally!!! Thanks so much, Queenie! I still am amazed it's actually in a new setting!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
What I envy bout Diamond Seeker is her attention to detail , ability to wait for the quality she is looking for and knowing the right vendor for each of her projects.
I'm more an instant gratification person.
So hats off to Diamond Seeker and her amazing ring. Can't wait to see your upcoming stud project. DH just told me Mother's day we can start seeking diamonds for my studs

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! I want to try it on so badly :bigsmile: just stunning.

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
That's a stunning, stunning ring! I'm sure it'll be a treasured family heirloom!

I have to say, the longer I look at these gorgeous OEC cuts, the more I want them... your ring is a masterpiece. Perhaps an OEC would be my next upgrade, hmmm... ::)

Not to hijack your thread, but I want to thank you for introducing Maytal Hannah in my previous thread. I'm wearing the round halo ring she made me and love every minute of looking at it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I envy bout Diamond Seeker is her attention to detail , ability to wait for the quality she is looking for and knowing the right vendor for each of her projects.
I'm more an instant gratification person.
So hats off to Diamond Seeker and her amazing ring. Can't wait to see your upcoming stud project. DH just told me Mother's day we can start seeking diamonds for my studs
Aww, thanks, Heidi! I was so uncertain about what I wanted, and that was the main reason for the delay! I'm just glad I didn't waste money on settings that I didn't quite love! That's great that you can soon start looking for your studs upgrade! I am waiting on them to get my settings in, so it will likely be another week or two before mine come.

Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! I want to try it on so badly :bigsmile: just stunning.
Thanks so much! I'd be more than happy for you to try it on if we could just have a PS get-together!!!

That's a stunning, stunning ring! I'm sure it'll be a treasured family heirloom!

I have to say, the longer I look at these gorgeous OEC cuts, the more I want them... your ring is a masterpiece. Perhaps an OEC would be my next upgrade, hmmm... ::)

Not to hijack your thread, but I want to thank you for introducing Maytal Hannah in my previous thread. I'm wearing the round halo ring she made me and love every minute of looking at it.
Thank you so much! I just saw your gorgeous new ring!!! I don't think you'll ever want to upgrade that, but hey, nothing's wrong with a future anniversary right hand ring with OECs!

Whoa!
I might have to try that on for a wee moment :)
Thank you! I wish we could all get together and try on rings, too!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So, I have to say...

I have never considered adding a halo to my own e-ring before, but this ring has really inspired me to consider a setting as a future upgrade that is reminiscent of yours

Ever since I have seen this - I seriously can't get it out of my mind! It is just spectacular

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my - what a gorgeous ring!! And it looks stunning on your finger!! I admire your collection so much, and always look forward to your threads. I am so happy that Victor was able to make your forever setting for you. The elements you chose - triwire, double cuffs, cushion halo with single cut diamonds, and beautiful gallery all come together to make one elegant and gorgeous ring!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I have to say...

I have never considered adding a halo to my own e-ring before, but this ring has really inspired me to consider a setting as a future upgrade that is reminiscent of yours

Ever since I have seen this - I seriously can't get it out of my mind! It is just spectacular
That is so very sweet of you to say! Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous and looks great in a three stone! I actually really wasn't considering a halo very strongly, either, because I was afraid it would be uncomfortably large. It is rather large, but the setting is so perfect for the diamond that I don't mind the size! I'd be thrilled for my ring to be inspiration for someone else in the future! My other option did happen to be a three stone! My daughter swayed me to the halo!

Oh my - what a gorgeous ring!! And it looks stunning on your finger!! I admire your collection so much, and always look forward to your threads. I am so happy that Victor was able to make your forever setting for you. The elements you chose - triwire, double cuffs, cushion halo with single cut diamonds, and beautiful gallery all come together to make one elegant and gorgeous ring!!

Oh, thank you so much for your kind words! I am very thankful Victor was able to make the setting and was able to incorporate most of my favorite elements! I still can hardly believe I finally have a forever setting this beautiful!

I hope everyone knows how much I truly appreciate them taking the time to give such lovely comments on this ring!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outstanding Ring, DS!! I'd love to see more pics please. What a masterpiece!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Almost eight years ago in May 2013, I bought a beautiful 2.3 AV/OEC I VS1 and set it temporarily ( :lol: ) in my previous Vatche U-113 solitaire. I needed some time to get used to the size increase, and I began to deliberate over what I wanted for a permanent setting. Over the years I'd see things I really liked, but I had commitment phobia because I was determined to set this stone ONE time into a permanent, heirloom setting.

I have known Victor Canera for many years, from the first time his incredible work was posted on PS. He made a beautiful sapphire halo studs and a handmade pendant chain for me, and I told him one day we would make a ring! Several weeks ago, I was talking with Victor and told him I had decided 2021 was the year I planned to reset my diamond, and I wished he could set it. I know how busy he is and totally understand that he gives priority to stones he sells, but I figured there was nothing to lose by mentioning that. To my great surprise and delight, he said he would be happy to make my ring!!!! (Please note that Victor's policy is to look at each request that comes in, and depending on many factors, he may choose to accept or decline the request. Don't take it personally if he doesn't. Sometimes he cannot take outside stones because he is too busy and can only produce so many pieces in a year. I'd appreciate it if there is no further discussion about this in my thread!)

Sooo, at that moment I knew I suddenly had to narrow down my setting choices to just ONE!!! I love so many of Victor's settings that it was hard to choose! I asked my older daughter what styles she liked since this one goes to her eventually, and she loves cushion halos. That helped me a lot since I was only certain that it would not be a solitaire. In the end, I combined elements I loved from some of Victor's pieces into the ring you see below that came today after a brief 5 week wait! It was everything I could hope for, and far more beautiful than pictures can portray (especially any taken by me!!!). I am so thankful for the gift that Victor has in creating handforged jewelry and that I have future heirlooms made by him which will be in my family for generations!

I absolutely love my new ring!!!! Thank you, Victor!!!

Now for a few quick pictures that I took this afternoon! (Platinum, single cut melee, fleur de lis gallery, triwire shank, double cuffs, size 5.75, diamond size 8.4mm)

IMG-5536.jpg IMG-5538.jpg IMG-5539.jpg IMG-5546.jpg

That is a lovely ring and the setting is a timeless design, I know you are going to enjoy wearing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results