shape
carat
color
clarity

At last, my diamond has a final home by Victor Canera!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost eight years ago in May 2013, I bought a beautiful 2.3 AV/OEC I VS1 and set it temporarily ( :lol: ) in my previous Vatche U-113 solitaire. I needed some time to get used to the size increase, and I began to deliberate over what I wanted for a permanent setting. Over the years I'd see things I really liked, but I had commitment phobia because I was determined to set this stone ONE time into a permanent, heirloom setting.

I have known Victor Canera for many years, from the first time his incredible work was posted on PS. He made a beautiful sapphire halo studs and a handmade pendant chain for me, and I told him one day we would make a ring! Several weeks ago, I was talking with Victor and told him I had decided 2021 was the year I planned to reset my diamond, and I wished he could set it. I know how busy he is and totally understand that he gives priority to stones he sells, but I figured there was nothing to lose by mentioning that. To my great surprise and delight, he said he would be happy to make my ring!!!! (Please note that Victor's policy is to look at each request that comes in, and depending on many factors, he may choose to accept or decline the request. Don't take it personally if he doesn't. Sometimes he cannot take outside stones because he is too busy and can only produce so many pieces in a year. I'd appreciate it if there is no further discussion about this in my thread!)

Sooo, at that moment I knew I suddenly had to narrow down my setting choices to just ONE!!! I love so many of Victor's settings that it was hard to choose! I asked my older daughter what styles she liked since this one goes to her eventually, and she loves cushion halos. That helped me a lot since I was only certain that it would not be a solitaire. In the end, I combined elements I loved from some of Victor's pieces into the ring you see below that came today after a brief 5 week wait! It was everything I could hope for, and far more beautiful than pictures can portray (especially any taken by me!!!). I am so thankful for the gift that Victor has in creating handforged jewelry and that I have future heirlooms made by him which will be in my family for generations!

I absolutely love my new ring!!!! Thank you, Victor!!!

Now for a few quick pictures that I took this afternoon! (Platinum, single cut melee, fleur de lis gallery, triwire shank, double cuffs, size 5.75, diamond size 8.4mm)

IMG-5536.jpg IMG-5538.jpg IMG-5539.jpg IMG-5546.jpg

Last edited:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely exquisite! I am happy for you that you now have the perfect setting for your beautiful diamond!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad after all these years you chose this wonderful VC setting for your AVR! :))

Love the cushion halo, single cut melee, tri-wire shank, etc...I could go on and on! It's utter perfection! :love:

I hope you will love and cherish this heirloom quality ring for many more years to come! Your daughter will be thrilled to own such a masterpiece! :appl:

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely stunning! I love it and I so admire your restraint and perseverance on finding just the right setting. It’s perfection!!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
It’s lovely! Cushion halo is a favorite style of mine.

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
There is something so calming and elegant, yet opulent about your beautiful ring. So happy Victor and you made this happen. This is truly a masterpiece!

Enjoy in good health :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! That's GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you!

Absolutely exquisite! I am happy for you that you now have the perfect setting for your beautiful diamond!
Thank you so much! Your setting journey was always of interest to me since our diamonds had such similar facet patterns!

I'm so glad after all these years you chose this wonderful VC setting for your AVR! :))

Love the cushion halo, single cut melee, tri-wire shank, etc...I could go on and on! It's utter perfection! :love:

I hope you will love and cherish this heirloom quality ring for many more years to come! Your daughter will be thrilled to own such a masterpiece! :appl:
Thank you!!! What would I do without my long time jewelry advisor and counselor?! You always help me stay focused, and other than the times I stray, I know my jewelry collection is better due to your input! Having a mini- m-2-b collection is my ideal!

It’s absolutely stunning! I love it and I so admire your restraint and perseverance on finding just the right setting. It’s perfection!!
Thank you! I was so indecisive for so long! Too many great options! It was good that I needed to make a quick decision and not continue over-thinking it!

It’s lovely! Cushion halo is a favorite style of mine.
Thanks, Donna! I love your setting, too! But I think I read you are considering a reset or upgrade! I'll be watching with interest!

There is something so calming and elegant, yet opulent about your beautiful ring. So happy Victor and you made this happen. This is truly a masterpiece!

Enjoy in good health :)
What a lovely description! Thank you so much!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is beautiful!! And such a fitting final home. I love the presence it has on your finger. Enjoy!

P

Petalouda

A heirloom piece indeed! Perfection and your diamond looks huge in this setting. Looks right at home on your finger. Congrats!

ETA: love the triwire

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! All the elements combine in such a beautiful manner. It’s truly a work of art.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely AH-mazing!! So many perfect details coming together to make a perfect ring. It looks beautiful on you!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and gorgeous ring! And so exciting for you that it’s finally found its home!

I’ve always loved and connected with the way you consider your daughters when curating your jewelry. I imagine your care and thoughtfulness makes these heirlooms all the more meaningful for both you and them.

Enjoy your new masterpiece in happiness and good health!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
OOOMMMGeee..... perfect marriage of timeless beauty and romance. :kiss2:

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and well worth the wait to finally do it. Happy for you!!! 8-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love that you involved your daughter in this heirloom project! Hope she loves it too!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! Its incredible! Huge congrats.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, DS, this is magnificent! I love all the details--the cushion shape, the milgrain, the triwire shank. Truly worth the wait, and I think it's so lovely that you had your daughter's input for something that will go to her. How do you feel about the additional finger coverage?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This setting is so perfect for your stone! I know that you said you wouldn’t wear a band but I’m dying to see it with a band! Bc eye candy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely worth the wait, @diamondseeker2006 !!
Both stone and setting are just divine❤️❤️
Thank you so much!!!

Wow that is beautiful!! And such a fitting final home. I love the presence it has on your finger. Enjoy!
Thank you! The halo definitely adds some presence!

A heirloom piece indeed! Perfection and your diamond looks huge in this setting. Looks right at home on your finger. Congrats!

ETA: love the triwire
Thanks! It was nice to combat DSS without buying a new diamond, that's for sure!

Stunning! All the elements combine in such a beautiful manner. It’s truly a work of art.
Thank you! Victor really does beautiful work!

Absolutely AH-mazing!! So many perfect details coming together to make a perfect ring. It looks beautiful on you!
Thank you so much!

Beautiful stone and gorgeous ring! And so exciting for you that it’s finally found its home!

I’ve always loved and connected with the way you consider your daughters when curating your jewelry. I imagine your care and thoughtfulness makes these heirlooms all the more meaningful for both you and them.

Enjoy your new masterpiece in happiness and good health!
So sweet of you to say all this! It honestly gives me joy to be able to give my daughters jewelry over time! Even my little granddaughters ask to look at my rings when they come over! So I do hope these pieces bring back happy memories for them in the future! Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOMMMGeee..... perfect marriage of timeless beauty and romance. :kiss2:
Thank you!!

Absolutely beautiful and well worth the wait to finally do it. Happy for you!!! 8-)
Thanks so much! It was definitely worth the wait!

Very pretty! I love that you involved your daughter in this heirloom project! Hope she loves it too!!!
Thank you! I will see her tomorrow and can't wait to see her reaction!

So worth the wait! This is a STUNNER! AND I love a round stone in a non round halo.
Just gorgeous! You must be thrilled!!
Yes, I was so very happily surprised seeing it in real life! Pictures just don't do justice. It's much more delicate than magnified pictures show. I adore your ring, as well, and agree on different shape halos! Thank you!

Oh my goodness!!! Its incredible! Huge congrats.
Thank you so much!!!

Oh wow, DS, this is magnificent! I love all the details--the cushion shape, the milgrain, the triwire shank. Truly worth the wait, and I think it's so lovely that you had your daughter's input for something that will go to her. How do you feel about the additional finger coverage?
Thank you! I was actually feeling slight DSS!!! It takes me a long time to adjust to a new size, but I was feeling like I needed a halo or 3 stone ring. My daughter swayed me to the cushion halo, and I was actually relieved to have a reason to choose between those! If there is a time I am going somewhere I don't want to wear it, I have a 5 stone band I can wear. I already do that in those situations.

This setting is so perfect for your stone! I know that you said you wouldn’t wear a band but I’m dying to see it with a band! Bc eye candy!

Thanks, nala! I'll try to remember to post a pic with my Legacy band tomorrow! It sits a little higher and would hit against the gallery. So if I decide to wear one, I'll have to get a very low set band. I don't have room on my finger for a spacer and a band, unfortunately!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I was actually feeling slight DSS!!! It takes me a long time to adjust to a new size, but I was feeling like I needed a halo or 3 stone ring. My daughter swayed me to the cushion halo, and I was actually relieved to have a reason to choose between those! If there is a time I am going somewhere I don't want to wear it, I have a 5 stone band I can wear. I already do that in those situations.

:lol: And to think there was a time when you felt the 1.6 was too big!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring DS!. Congrats to you and your daughter the future owner! :clap:

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Victor did it again! What an amazing ring. You must be thrilled with the result after being so patient all these years. It’s truly an heirloom piece.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!! What a stunner. Wow

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness WOW!!! What a journey this stone took to get to its perfectly-detailed forever home. I am in awe of the temporal depth this piece has — reaching back through time in your history with Victor Canera, to your acquisition of this stone, to your careful deliberation of its setting...then forward in time to ensure that this heirloom speaks to your older daughter who will incorporate it into her story. It is beautiful on so many levels, and like the best of jewels, touches the spirit. The daily joy it brings you now as you wear it will be absolutely treasured by your daughter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results