shape
carat
color
clarity

Assistance with LG diamond / setting

spk123

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

It's been tough searching online through tons of websites and reading on what to look for when buying a LG Diamond. I'm definitely not an expert and wanted to see if i could get an opinion on a diamond i'm interested in.

I think it's a great pick but i'm not certain, and I think it might also be overkill.

Now for a setting, i'd like to stay under $2,000 for a platinum LG diamond band with a hidden halo.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @spk123! Curious how much you paid. Looks like you bought through Ritani. It’s listed on Loosegrowndiamond for $3993. Take screenshots of the site and maybe Ritani will price match.

Overall it’s a good stone. I wonder if there’s some pavilion twist. @DejaWiz ane @Kim N will be able to give more insights. No blue nuance to my eye.

I’m no help with setting prices. I just know PSers like David Klass and James Allen, both of whom will set outside stones.

Excited for you!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
It looks nice, but if it’s around 4k in this size range I would rather go with one of the branded labs from Whiteflash or Brian Gavin. Alternatively go with the many unbranded H&A options for around 2k and allocate the savings to the setting.

spk123

Rough_Rock
Hi @spk123! Curious how much you paid. Looks like you bought through Ritani. It’s listed on Loosegrowndiamond for $3993. Take screenshots of the site and maybe Ritani will price match.

Overall it’s a good stone. I wonder if there’s some pavilion twist. @DejaWiz ane @Kim N will be able to give more insights. No blue nuance to my eye.

I’m no help with setting prices. I just know PSers like David Klass and James Allen, both of whom will set outside stones.

Excited for you!

Thanks for the reply! I have not bought yet. I found it on loosegrowndiamond for that exact price you listed. Wanted to wait on an opinion before pulling the trigger. I know the cut / clarity / color are all very good but am unsure about the measurements / ratios.

I appreciate the help though!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut is beautiful, but a VVS2 or VS1 will look equally clean to the naked eye and could save a fair amount of money. Have a look at these options.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I have not bought yet. I found it on loosegrowndiamond for that exact price you listed. Wanted to wait on an opinion before pulling the trigger.

Ritani says it's no longer available, so it might have already been sold through them. That sometimes happens, and other online vendors don't know that it's sold until they go check. @Kim N gave you some other great choices!

spk123

Rough_Rock
The cut is beautiful, but a VVS2 or VS1 will look equally clean to the naked eye and could save a fair amount of money. Have a look at these options.

This info is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! My fiancé wanted to a 2 ct so I think the 2.5 is pushing it but that third option looks great!

spk123

Rough_Rock
Ritani says it's no longer available, so it might have already been sold through them. That sometimes happens, and other online vendors don't know that it's sold until they go check. @Kim N gave you some other great choices!

Oh I see! Thanks for the reply and letting me know, I’ll have to double check other retailers then before making the final decision. Thank you!

spk123

Rough_Rock
It looks nice, but if it’s around 4k in this size range I would rather go with one of the branded labs from Whiteflash or Brian Gavin. Alternatively go with the many unbranded H&A options for around 2k and allocate the savings to the setting.

Thanks for the info!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This info is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! My fiancé wanted to a 2 ct so I think the 2.5 is pushing it but that third option looks great!

You're welcome! While you're still thinking about it, I suggest putting it on hold so it doesn't get bought out from under you.

spk123

Rough_Rock
Hi! Hopefully replying to my original post is alright. I had to hold off last time I was looking but I am able to pull the trigger now on a diamond. I was searching and had a few in mind but would love some help. The first is a cheaper option and I’m not sure if the increase on price on the second two is justifiable for how much better they are. Any advice is welcome, and if you have a similar but better option in mind I’m open, thanks!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
First off, I’m more of an enthusiast than an expert so take everything I wrote with a grain of salt. But the first one appears to have blue nuance. It also has a fair bit of pavilion twist.

The other two are much better cut. Just lovely. I prefer the WF stone because it’s slightly larger for slightly less money.

Here’s a possible 2.29 D VS1 for $2318. But @DejaWiz or @Kim N, what’s your expert opinion on it? Never purchase a diamond on my recommendation alone lol!
https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=618432277&skuu=618432277

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
First off, I’m more of an enthusiast than an expert so take everything I wrote with a grain of salt. But the first one appears to have blue nuance. It also has a fair bit of pavilion twist.

The other two are much better cut. Just lovely. I prefer the WF stone because it’s slightly larger for slightly less money.

Here’s a possible 2.29 D VS1 for $2318. But @DejaWiz or @Kim N, what’s your expert opinion on it? Never purchase a diamond on my recommendation alone lol!

0515vision that diamond looks A-OK based on the video!

spk123 is 2.75-2.99 carats too large diameter?
I found an extremely well cut and proportioned clean HPHT graded by GIA in the colorless grades with higher clarity for under $3000.

Screenshot_20240324-083212-750.png

spk123

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the info, and the suggestion for a stone! The one you linked looks great especially for the price

spk123

Rough_Rock
0515vision that diamond looks A-OK based on the video!

spk123 is 2.75-2.99 carats too large diameter?
I found an extremely well cut and proportioned clean HPHT graded by GIA in the colorless grades with higher clarity for under $3000.

Screenshot_20240324-083212-750.png

I thought that staying around 2 would be better for my price point but for the price you stated it sounds like a great option! Do you have a link that I could see? Thanks again for all the help!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I thought that staying around 2 would be better for my price point but for the price you stated it sounds like a great option! Do you have a link that I could see? Thanks again for all the help!

Absolutely: here you go!
If you're going to give it a whirl, then we suggest that you be quick since anonymous lurkers tend to snipe recommendations fairly fast. You can always buy and return after you get it, if you deem it too much carat or diameter.

You can ask for a price match if you'd rather purchase from a different seller that also has it listed:

spk123

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz, great pick!

@spk123, the 2.55 DVS1 $2574 that @Kim N picked back in January is also lovely.

Now you have all sorts of choices in different sizes and cut levels.

Thank you so much! I just ordered the 2.92 that you suggested and got it price matched to also have it set in the Eliana hidden halo pave setting. It’s going to be beautiful! Thank you all so much for your help

spk123

Rough_Rock
Here are a few pictures of what it will look like, but if you meant when I get it in I will for sure add some pics then as well! IMG_1837.png

Attachments

• IMG_1838.png
    IMG_1838.png
    885.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1839.png
    IMG_1839.png
    934.8 KB · Views: 2

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few pictures of what it will look like, but if you meant when I get it in I will for sure add some pics then as well!

Oh I meant for when you have it in hand. We're always so curious as to how the diamond looks IRL after we've helped someone. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results