shape
carat
color
clarity

Assistance in finding 4-5 ct total weight studs

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Hi - I’m new to round diamonds - i used this site obsessively to find my engagement ring 21 years ago. I have diamond studs but i didn’t do research before hand - they were a gift. Sadly one fell out while learning to wakeboard today. The backing was in my life jacket but the Diamond is gone :(.

I have 2 choices : get a new pair of lab grown or find one to match my existing earth mind.

What should i be looking for in round brilliants in terms of specs? I want a lot of sparkle, martini set, somewhere between 4 and 4.5 total carats.

Would love any help!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I’m new to round diamonds - i used this site obsessively to find my engagement ring 21 years ago. I have diamond studs but i didn’t do research before hand - they were a gift. Sadly one fell out while learning to wakeboard today. The backing was in my life jacket but the Diamond is gone :(.

I have 2 choices : get a new pair of lab grown or find one to match my existing earth mind.

What should i be looking for in round brilliants in terms of specs? I want a lot of sparkle, martini set, somewhere between 4 and 4.5 total carats.

Would love any help!

What's your budget? If you want preset, BGD has preset labs that go up to 4ct. They happen to also be on sale, LOL.

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Ok, I got home and realized that I actually want 3 ctw. how do these look as a pair:

theriviera

Rough_Rock
@geckodani I'm sorry that I didn't include a budget! $5000 is the max I want to spend $4, would be better.

@DejaWiz or @Kim N any thoughts on the diamonds I shared above? or suggestions? thank you so much!

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Maybe this could work too?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, theriviera!
You have a great budget for your future earrings.
Found these two GCAL 8X options for you to take a look at:

They also have quite a selection of GIA graded LGD listed:

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Thank you @DejaWiz

what do you think of this pair for a slightly smaller option?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @DejaWiz

what do you think of this pair for a slightly smaller option?

I think these are a fantastic match!
Each can be had for just under $1200 each at a different seller that's gaining popularity, so may want to ask Adiamor about price matching.

theriviera

Rough_Rock
I think these are a fantastic match!
Each can be had for just under $1200 each at a different seller that's gaining popularity, so may want to ask Adiamor about price matching.

that is where i originally found them ;-). Thank you so much for the quick reply - I think I will order these!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

theriviera

Rough_Rock

how are they with settings? they only seem to have 2 options. my lobes are pretty flimsy and small so I want as low profile as possible. current earring (only one since the other is at the bottom of lake michigan :( ) is martini but it really dug into my ear. they were originally basket and tipped.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
how are they with settings? they only seem to have 2 options. my lobes are pretty flimsy and small so I want as low profile as possible. current earring (only one since the other is at the bottom of lake michigan :( ) is martini but it really dug into my ear. they were originally basket and tipped.

Unfortunately, I can't speak on their settings since I don't have anything to go off of.
Sorry about your earring...my family is from the coast of Lake Michigan so I'm all too familiar with what that lake likes to collect.

Last edited:

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I can't speak on their settings since I don't have anything to go off of.
Sorry about your earring...my family is from the coast of Lake Michigan so I'm all to familiar with what that lake likes to collect.

are you familiar with settings from adiamor?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

theriviera

Rough_Rock
I pulled the trigger on the ones you found with gcal 8x @DejaWiz . Added in the 4 prong basket settings. I’m hoping they are low profile and don’t tip. Will take photos when they arrive!

Thank you for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results