shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jwrizz

Rough_Rock
Hey all- first of all thanks for all of your great info. I have found a SE/asscher cut diamond. Here are the specs, what do you think?

Cut : Very Good
Clarity : VS2
Shape : Asscher
Color : H
Polish : Very Good
Symmetry : Very Good
Certification : AGS
Carats : 1.46
Depth : 65.7
Table : 76
Fluorescence : None
Measurement : 6.52x6.38x4.19
Girdle : STK-TK
Culet : None
Ratio : 1.02

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there,
Am no expert - just a fellow Asscher lover. Do you have access to pix of the stone?

At first glance I'd say the 76% table is FRIGHTENINGLY large for an Asscher, where tables on conventionally thought of "well-cut" stones usually range from 55%-68% The reason this is important is such a large table will probably result in a very low crown height - diminishing the brilliance, scintillation and overall fire & beauty of the stone. A table that big means you're basically just getting the bottom part of the stone, no "icing" on the cupcake (does that make sense). Believe me - you want some icing.

I'd keep looking! (But AGAIN - not an expert!)

jwrizz

Rough_Rock
Thanks- I will keep searching.... So something with table of 67 is reaonable? such as...

Cut : Very Good more info
Clarity : VS1 more info
Shape : Asscher more info
Color : H more info
Polish : Very Good more info
Symmetry : Very Good more info
Certification : GIA more info
Carats : 1.39 more info
Depth : 70.4 more info
Table : 67 more info
Fluorescence : None more info
Measurement : 6.20x6.11x4.30 more info
Girdle : M-TK more info
Culet : None more info
Ratio : 1.01 more info

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefere the table to be under around 64
there are exceptions and some like them but when the table gets over that they tend to get glassy looking.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My asscher has a 67% table and I love it ... there are a few others on here with 65%-68% tables who are happy with their stones.

I agree that "ideal" specs for tables are more 55%-65% ... which is why seeing for yourself is so important. My eyes told me "YES!!!" ... without pix or seeing it in person it''s very very hard to judge asschers. You can isolate for "good" specs vs. "bad" ... but ultimately, SEE IT before final purchase.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
My asscher also has a 67% table...and that baby has fire and brilliance like there is no tomorrow! For whatever that is worth.
16.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/9/2006 2:51:14 PM
Author: decodelighted
My asscher has a 67% table and I love it ... there are a few others on here with 65%-68% tables who are happy with their stones.

I agree that ''ideal'' specs for tables are more 55%-65% ... which is why seeing for yourself is so important. My eyes told me ''YES!!!'' ... without pix or seeing it in person it''s very very hard to judge asschers. You can isolate for ''good'' specs vs. ''bad'' ... but ultimately, SEE IT before final purchase.
Yes, i agree, you cant judge an Asscher through numbers, you have to see it, there are quite a few Square Emeralds that call themselved Asscher in the market.

76% table is not an "Asscher Cut".

An Assher Cut will consist of usually a lower than 60 % table, wider corner cuts, and Pavilion facets that reach the culet...

The Total Depth of an Asscher will range around the high 60''s to lower 70''s as far as total depth is concerned.

If you know what to look for, only your eyes will inform you of a beautiful Asscher Cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results