shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bijou

Rough_Rock
Hi. I wish I found this site a long time ago...it's really great. I would appreciate your help with my questions so much. Ok, here goes...
I have what I thought was an Asscher diamond. I had never heard of Asscher before, and when I was looking at the diamond my jeweler told me it was called an Asscher cut. Now that I am thinking of getting a new diamond (one that is more brilliant) I re-examined the E.G.L. papers and noticed that it is not called an Asscher, but an Emerald. Description: 1.06ct, emerald cut, 5.92 x 5.51 x 3.80mm, proportions-good, depth-68.9%, table-74%, crown-12%, pavilion-54%, girdle-medium, finish-good, VS2, E color, photoluminescence-none. So I have a couple questions...is my ring a true Asscher or just a square emerald? What is good/bad about the description? What would you say is the avg price for this diamond? And my last question...I got the "Asscher" because my jeweler would not set a princess cut high. Even though I see a lot of princess cut diamonds set high, my jeweler will not do this because the risk if chipping the corners. Do you recommend the same? I really want a square shaped diamond that is brilliant and can be set high. Thanks for your help!

RoyalAsscher

Rough_Rock
for more information you should check the website of asscher
www.asscher.nl

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You've got an emerald cut with a 7% difference between the length and width, which would technically put it in the rectangular emerald cut category (square is considered 5% difference and less).

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
It say's in Rapaport guide to fancy shapes,"A Asscher cut is a square cut characterized by a smaller table and larger steps than an emerald. It features dramatic, cut corners. It usually has a higher crown and a deeper pavilion than today's emerald cuts. There are no "ideal" proportions for an Asscher cut and they are not common." Orginally this style stone was cut in the early 20th century and most of the orginals have been recut. The Royal Asscher Cut is a patented cut, cut by the Asscher family and marketed in the US by M. Fabrikant & sons. It comes with a GIA cert and laser inscribed with Asscher's logo and ID number. I have been in the business for 23 years and I heard the name Asscher cut maybe 4 times in 22 years. When Royal Asscher came out and the popularity for this cut boomed, every jeweler who had a square emerald cut imediately started saying their stone was an Asscher. Rest assured you have a square emerald cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results