shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher vs Flanders survey and opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,

I love the Asscher style cut for the art deco classic look, I absolutely love it but the brilliance of the Flanders is also very attractive.

Given that the cut of the Asscher cheats you out of size does- any one have an opinion on better value?

I''m so confused now that I have been reading all of these threads. AGH!!! How will I ever decide?
errrr.gif

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Eesh, very different stones and both so beautiful. If it helps, I imagine that the asscher would be more difficult to keep clean-looking. I have emerald-cut stones in my ring and they look dirty far faster than brilliant cuts.

Good luck with your decision, as those are also two of my favorite cuts! You can always get one for a ring and make earrings or a pendant from a stone of the other cut. That's what I decided to do becuase I love the flanders too.
take care,
-jackieblue

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of a "square modified brilliant" aka "Asscher"

asscher.jpg

And here is a Flanders Brilliant:

flanders_brilliant.jpg

As you can see, they are like night and day. It really comes down to what you prefer, we think that both cut styles are pretty in their unique way. The "Asscher Cut" has more of a vintage look to it, you can get lost in the concentric squares if you let yourself... And the Flanders Brilliant offers the look of a square cut with the brilliance and dispersion of a round brilliant. Trying to decide between the two is like trying to decide between chocolate and vanilla ice cream... Both are distinctly different, we think you should just get one of each
1.gif

Even better, go for "three scoops" and add a little Lucere into the pile...

lucere.gif

The Flanders and Lucere seem very similar to us... Given that the Flanders Brilliants are in such short supply, you might open your mind to the Lucere to expand the possibilities...

As far as keeping them clean, it is easier to hide dirt and grime beneath the brilliance and dispersion given off by the Flanders and Lucere cuts, but a quick dip in a 50/50 solution of warm water and ammonia or old fashioned 409 household cleaner (the blue colored kind) followed by a light once over with a baby's soft bristle toothbrush and a rinse under hot running water (with the sink trap closed) will take care of that... please do not use this method of cleaning for anything other than diamond, sapphire or ruby jewelry, it can completely destroy your porous gems!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i would prefer the asscher cut it has a classier look and we just can't kkep them on the shelf too long they are flying out of here!
we just made one with 2 side bulletes diamonds it came out real nice!

1.gif

noles9498

Rough_Rock
It's definately a matter of taste more than anything else. An Asscher just makes me melt (which is, after all, the point of a diamond, right?)!

love.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both and see them both as matching my character (I am a gemini, that might be why) but which is more easily accessible and which is more affordable, after all I would love to maximize size along with good specs.

Anyone?

Nice Ice, Can you through some price figures my way, please check out my original thread, I think it's :"asscher and setting", I would want the same specs for the flanders.

Isn't Lucere only from Tiffany & Co.?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------

I love them both and see them both as matching my character (I am a gemini, that might be why) but which is more easily accessible and which is more affordable, after all I would love to maximize size along with good specs.

Anyone?

Nice Ice, Can you through some price figures my way, please check out my original thread, I think it's :"asscher and setting", I would want the same specs for the flanders.

Isn't Lucere only from Tiffany & Co.?
----------------

The Asscher will be the most cost effective of the options simply because it is cut from diamond rough that lends itself well to the production of square cut diamonds, however the Flanders and the Lucere are cut from the same rough used to cut round brilliant diamonds and it costs more... In additon, the production of the Flanders Brilliant and Lucere Cuts is more labor intensive, so your money will go further with the Asscher cuts...

We'd love to provide you with some examples of price, but the reality is that doing so would violate the terms and conditons that apply to dealers on PS and we could be banned from the forum for doing so. Anybody that wants to obtain pricing from any of the dealers who contribute to the PS forums should contact the dealers privately with the specifics of their quest...

The Tiffany version of the modified square brilliant is the "Lucida"... Not the Lucere... Confusing, isn't it?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Very confusing indeed.

This is twice you correct me regarding forum policies. Thanks for looking out for newbies like me.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results