shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher/ Square Emerald Solitair- need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Price Scope!

I have been admiring this wonderful website for some time now. My boyfriend and I have been talking about rings a lot more and I finally gave him the PS website address so he can gain valuable information from you as I have.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Asscher/ Square Emerald Solitaires and my dream wedding set is a 1 ct. asscher solitaire with a channel set asscher wedding band in white gold or platinum. The problem is I don''t know the types of setting that work with asschers (I am under the impression that not all setting work with this shape diamond), what to look for when selecting the diamond and what questions to ask.

I could really use your help and would love to see some pictures of the types of settings and prongs that work with Asscher diamonds.

Here is a recent picture of us.
Isn''t he cute?
30.gif

Thanks a lot!
Janna (from Texas)

Janna & Derrick at Seasons 52- very small.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I love asschers ,too! And I spent way too much time finding pictures of them on the web, so I''d be happy to post some for you. There are lots of settings that will work, but lets narrow down your preferences...

Do you want a plain solitaire?
Do you want accent stones or side stones?
Do you want a wedding band to fit flush?
Do you want channel setting on the e-ring as well as the wedding band?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Janna!

I too, am from Texas . . . seems as if there are a few of us here.

I''m a huge Asscher fan, and have made certain that when the time comes, I don''t care about the size, all I care about is that the engagement ring is an Asscher. My avatar is an Asscher solitaire/eternity band from Precision Set. It''s pretty much my dream combination as well, but with all of these lovely Asscher/halo combinations, my taste is changing toward the pave look.

At the end of the day, the decision is not mine to make, and I''m happy to hand over the decision to my uber-stylish b/f.
1.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
here is my square emerald/asscher ring

IMG_0321pia.JPG

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I like asschers(square emerald) w/antique settings but I also love them w/sleek modern platinum settings....they are an understated, elegant stone

piadingringdong.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
jorman,
welcome to Pricescope, you guys are just adorable. I too love asschers and wish for one in my next life, haha. You will get lots of expert advice here. I think they are a little complicated and am just trying to learn all about what makes a good asscher from a not so good asscher. Good luck in your search, let us know how you make out, happy hunting!!!
1.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
This is great! Thank you for you all for the pictures!

I want a plain solitaire. I think I really like a cathedral setting so the diamond is raised and really pops out.
I want the wedding band to fit flush against the engagement band and I want a channel wedding band. I originally thought I wanted a princess channel wedding band but then I saw and asscher channel wedding band on the facets website and I know I want that.

I like a sleek, clean look. I do not like antique or ornate looking rings.

I love that the asscher is different and classy and a little edgy.
9.gif

I know this isn''t an asscher, but I love this setting. Can I do something like this with an asscher?

cathedral setting.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 4:23:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Hi Janna!

I too, am from Texas . . . seems as if there are a few of us here.

I''m a huge Asscher fan, and have made certain that when the time comes, I don''t care about the size, all I care about is that the engagement ring is an Asscher. My avatar is an Asscher solitaire/eternity band from Precision Set. It''s pretty much my dream combination as well, but with all of these lovely Asscher/halo combinations, my taste is changing toward the pave look.

At the end of the day, the decision is not mine to make, and I''m happy to hand over the decision to my uber-stylish b/f.
1.gif
I love that set from Precision Set. It is what got me hooked on Asschers. My best friend was also inspired by a ring from Precision Set''s website.
I like the look of the halo too, but I fear that I would change my mind from that later. I am sentimental and I want the ring I start our marriage with to be the ring I wear throughout our life together.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2005 556 PM
Author: jorman

I know this isn''t an asscher, but I love this setting. Can I do something like this with an asscher?
How about this one :
4.gif

788-a.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana is too quick!! that''s the one that i was thinking of! best of luck finding your perfect setting!
2.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Glad I refreshed before I posted again! Ana beat me to that x-prong, too!
37.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janna, where do you live in Texas?

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 4:39:38 PM
Author: JessesGrl
here is my square emerald/asscher ring

JessesGrl- do you mind me asking how many carats your asscher is (the center stone)?

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 5:58:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Janna, where do you live in Texas?

Lubbock, but I am from Houston, what about you?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in Dallas, originally from Las Vegas via London.

My colleague sitting in the next office is from Lubbock.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results