shape
carat
color
clarity

ASSCHER split shank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asschy

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I have been looking for the perfect setting for my soon to be fiancee''s 1.8 GVS2 Asscher...

I have narrowed it down to a split shank setting similar to a daniel k design. I don''t want too much taper on it, so that it still has a classic feel with some character, as well as accentuating the size of the diamond.

Does anyone know of any jewelers in the Los Angeles area who do these kinds of designs? What is the general price range I should be looking for this kind of setting? I found a jeweler, who is a daniel k broker, who is willing to replicate the piece and set my diamond in it for 3000. Is that a good price? I checked out Excalibur in the antiquarium in West Hollywood, and they had similar prices (2500 for a similar split shank design, but not as nice as the work I''ve seen in this other store).

I''d appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh - my post got deleted. Reposting now..

I highly recommend checking out Servis and Taylor. For some unknown reason they are in the Westside Pavillion Mall (right outside Nordstrom on the second floor), but they are far from a regular mall jeweler. My friend recommended them as he has routinely used them for years often to custom make items for his wife (lucky her!!). I have been in there a few times and have been very impressed (and comfortable) with them. Neither my friend or I can figure out why they are in the mall! They are very knowledgable, members of AGS, appreciate well cut stones (and are definitely advocates for well cut stones). They have done stuff for Elizabeth Taylor, etc. Incredibly nice, no pressure at all. Beautiful work on display. They have a lot of tension rings (the owner knew Kretchmer), and they can also do work in different colors of gold if you want. They had an incredibly gorgeous multi-asscher ring that was to die for - 5 small asschers side by side in tiny halos. Incredibly delicate and beautiful. I love Michael Servis'' accent. Adorable! Very classy place, classy people.

Peter Norman in Brentwood - very nice people, beautiful items to look at - they do do their own work, not at that location, they send it to their other store which I think is downtown (I can''t remember where she said it was). I liked the store, but thought they were priced a little high for what I was considering at that time.

Sarah Leonard in Westwood - gives a UCLA discount, but still a bit pricey for just stones, I don''t know about custom work there.

23rd Street Jewelers in Santa Monica - nice people, very small store. They do their own work, but I don''t know about the prices on custom pieces there - I do know she told me that they do them, but I didn''t have anything priced out because at that time I did not have my stone and was trying on what they had there.

Oh, and did I mention Servis and Taylor?
9.gif

Sorry I can''t help with probable pricing on what you are interested in. HTH

Brilliant_Rock
I was just looking for a link for Servis and Taylor for you and look what I found when I googled them!!

Etienne Perret (who posts here occasionally and has beautiful rings on his website) comments on Servis and Taylor his own website www.etienne.com/profile.asp:

under client list:
"Servis & Taylor
Los Angeles, CA
www.servisandtaylor.com
Michael Taylor runs a jewel of a store in the Westside Pavillion on Pico Blvd. He has one of the finest eyes in choosing a delightful collection of the finest jewelry designers."

asschy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info! I''ve checked out 23rd street, the Antiquarium in WeHo, and XIV Karats in BH... All good... I''ll defnitely check out Servis and Taylor too...

Thanks again!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter norman in brentwood really has excellent quality pave work. They could definitely handle it, not sure if it would be much cheaper than daniel k''s designs though. Definitely worth checking out though, his stuff is gorgeous!!

3k sounds about right, but it''s hard to judge what is a fair price because quality really impacts price a great deal. Here is a thread I started that included my ppt slide of how I conveyed information about a custom design to a vendor. Communication problems increase the liklihood of not being happy with the custom product.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ppt-slides-for-a-custom-wedding-band.54948/

asschy

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

It would be based on the daniel k design, but custom made by the jeweler because there are a few little things I would like to customize for my girlfriend... This designer is XIV Karats in Beverly Hills, by the way... Are you familiar with their work? We''ve bought jewelry from there before, and they seem great. Plus we kind of think of it as "our" store :)

Thanks for the information! I''ll check out Peter Norman...

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Also if you cant find the perfect one you are looking for going custom is not as an expensice option as it seems. Good luck
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - Kittenkats ring is gorgeous - similar to a rose gold halo I recently saw (with white diamonds, not pink, but the white were so small, that in the rose gold they seemed to actually be pink!) Good to know another store in the area too!

asschy

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone!

i''ve checked out servis and taylor and talked to peter norman as well as consulted with leon mege, but i think i am going to go with XIV karats. we kind of see it as "our" store, so it gives us a bit of a personal connection. they''re work is excellent and prices stack up well... all were great suggestions and the feedback was so helpful! thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results