shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vtorres

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I are in the process of finding our ring. I absolutely want an Asscher cut -- everything else I saw didn''t even come close in terms of beauty.

I''ve heard that clarity is hugely important with a stone like an asscher because the whole point is to see through the diamond. My question is, how important do size and color become? Which of these two diamonds will maximize the beauty of the asscher?

1.08 1.37
G I
VVS2 VVS1
68.8 depth 69 depth
61 table 62 table

The price for these two stones is almost identical. Should I go with the clearer larger I diamond, or the smaller, whiter G? Is there going to be a substantial difference between I and G in an asscher?

Thanks,
Vanessa

St Fergus

Rough_Rock
Asscher cuts are just stunning stones, if it was me I would go for the bigger one. Are you getting the stone mounted??
wavey.gif

flyguy

Rough_Rock
Where did you get Asscher around that size, I am looking for around 1.3? If possible can you post picture,
loopy.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
On a surface level, both stones have total depth and table measurements within the range we would expect to see for well cut Asscher's... It would be beneficial to know the crown and pavilion angle measurements however... Assuming the cut to be equal, we would probably go for the larger "I" color stone because the size is going to be more noticeable to most people than the color will be. As far as the clarity goes, the visibility of the inclusions within the Asscher cuts really depends on the type of inclusions and their location, we checked in a VS-2 the other day that is completely eye clean because the primary inclusions are a small feather located within the facet lines and a few light colored / mostly transparent diamond crystals... The thing to realize though is this may not be true of another VS-2 clarity Asscher, just like with rounds, each diamond must be evaluated individually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results