shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Asscher semi bezel split shank solitaire is done!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All done and in its permanent home :appl:
Thanks to my my PS bud HeatherL and Packrat sooo much for keeping me in check ladies. You've helped me stay sane offline (if thats possible :wacko: ) Love my new setting! I'm completely thrilled and DONE!!!!

Setting is custom design by my local jeweler - Michael's Creative Jewelry. Emily and the rest of the staff there were wonderful! Emily and I have similar taste so we hit it off from the start- Thanks so much!

Quick Camera phone shots - will get around to do a proper photoshoot later once family in town leaves :wacko: Check out the Bezel :love: :love: :love: and profile...

Some specs:
1.35ct J color Asscher White gold Semi Bezel, Gold Shank ring size 4

asscherwax2_0.jpg
mcasscherside.jpg
mcasscherbezelupclose.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That came out really well, I love it! Awesome ring! My favorite look is with your band, just perfect!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, but we're going to need to see more photos! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique - I like the brushed finish!

The combo of both you rings together actually has a very similar overall effect to your last set, to me - the dual-band Wring w/ the solitaire Ering - this is the complement to that, w/ the split shank & the band, and I liked the "look" on your finger then and I do now!

Glad you love it - it is stunning!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Luv2, EB - its always so nice to see you, and definitely will take more pictures :cheeky:

Yssie! you are absolutely correct, my most favorite set was the Kite set princess set I last had with the twisty band. so I really wanted to keep that "feel" but more of an understated classic with a twist of course :cheeky: . As much as I love kite set (I actually thought about doing that with this asscher) I wanted more "classic" feel and that the angle I might tire of plus I wanted semi bezel and open profile which was my top priority. Thank you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: So beautiful! I love the twist and the semi bezel-it's unique and "you" if that makes sense! I love talking projects (and other stuff) with you-it's so fun! You've helped me stay sane too you know!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

It is incredible, D&T!

I love the substantialness of the setting; it's so rich-looking, and it has great "presence" on your finger. It really highlights the bold lines of your asscher.

The brushed finish -- perfect. Such a wonderful contrast with the stone. The split shank has a great fluidity to it -- it looks like it is softly wrapped around your finger!

And it looks great with your band.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

The only thing wrong with it is that there are not nearly enough pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From all angles, please.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is unique, very pretty :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat! aww thanks hun!

Lula- Thank you sweetie! how are you doing? and your semi bezel reset? any news?

Diamondrnglover - thank you kindly. How are you doing? I've been meaning to ask you before in other threads

I think I just have dirt on my lens and the loupe not showing the metal well coupling with a terrible camera phone - sorry to disappoint, but no brush finish ;( but what an idea... hmmmm might have to play around with that thought though :naughty:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1304030288|2907397 said:
Packrat! aww thanks hun!

Lula- Thank you sweetie! how are you doing? and your semi bezel reset? any news?

Diamondrnglover - thank you kindly. How are you doing? I've been meaning to ask you before in other threads

I think I just have dirt on my lens and the loupe not showing the metal well coupling with a terrible camera phone - sorry to disappoint, but no brush finish ;( but what an idea... hmmmm might have to play around with that thought though :naughty:

Dirty camera lens? :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, now you really do have to post some better photos! All kidding aside, though, I think a brushed finish would be gorgeous (and if you don't like it, it can be polished off).

No news on my end -- can't make up my mind (what else is new?) on what to replace my half-bezel with.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol.. Lula, I get too excited to share, and I always post the crappiest photos first :cheeky: one day at a time, I'm loving your three stone idea though. I really had the hardest time figuring out how to implement a substantial shank to this ring, without having it look too "heavy" becuase bezel already was heavy so my jeweler had a ring with this split shank in a halo. A. Jaffe also had a similar shank design, just loved it so much had to have the shank that way too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! :love: The asscher is perfect for the semi-bezel! It is interesting to see the yellow gold coming back! That is what I had for over 25 years and then switched to platinum! I guess if I had waited 5 more years, mine would have been back in style! :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, I love it! Is that rose gold?? Your asscher is divine!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks D&T! and I agree with Packrat in that you certainly have helped keep me sane too! LOVE your ring and enjoy wearing it!!! =)

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, D&T, it looks fantastic! It's simple but has flair and has gorgeous lines! I love the side-angle profile shot. And of course, gorgeous with your amazing band! I'm so happy you've got a permanent home worthy of that beauty! Woo!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, Love, Love! You are a busy, busy, bee!! I am soo jealous that you have had the fortune to have owned and played with so many sets over the years, and that now you have found "the one".

Love it! Can't say it enough!! :appl: :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Awesome D & T! it came out great! I love it with your band! how long was the custom process from start to finish?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girl, congratulations on finishing your latest project :appl: :appl: :appl:
Needless to say that i totally love it! In general, i like so much all your choices and this one is simply amazing :love:
Your asscher is TDF :love: The setting shows it off beautifully and it is as elegant and as substantial as it should be. And don't sweat over the brushed finish, because i think that your ring is absolutely perfect exactly the way it is :appl:
I am so happy for you, because i can feel that you're, finally, totally in love with your ring :razz: Wear it in good health and thank you for sharing ::)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
That is way cool D&T! I love how open the side is so you can view that Asscherlicious diamond! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

but what happened to the solitaire setting?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS 2006, Yennyfire, Novel, HeatherL, Amysbling, Lizzyann- you ladies sure know how to brighten my day :bigsmile: I always enjoy seeing all of you pop in to say Hi! :wavey: and thank you for all your compliments.

As for the gold, it does have a pink hue to it (actually matches one of my bracelet from 11 years ago and I've found no other gold color like it until now), although the color is off from my band, I"m not too particular with it matching it :))

From start to finish, the process took two weeks, I didn't get a CAD, just a wax model and Emily knew exactly what I wanted. The wax model was perfect the first time, the height was high at first, but I just mentioned that I wanted it lowered a bit, and it came out the perfect height for me, thanks to Emily!

DH says this is his Favorite of all the settings and diamond :appl: I'm happy about that too, I wanted him to like it as much as I do.

my inspiration collage :rodent:

asscherchoice3resets.jpg

and some better pictures.

resetmc%20001.jpg
resetmc%20002.jpg
resetmc%20004.jpg
resetmc%20005.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NatyLad, Feb03Bride, Slg47- hey now Ladies!!! woot!!! done and done :appl: Thank you so much for sharing this excitement with me!

as for the Legato, I still have it, My jeweler did a great job at removing the stone and keeping it great usable condition. I'm keeping the setting to hold hmmmm... maybe another diamond :Up_to_something: :naughty: for another occasion down the road to build an anniversary ring or hold a gemstone for now, unfortunate (or fortunately) I'll be collecting those piece meal :wacko: .

slg47

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1304042757|2907612 said:
NatyLad, Feb03Bride, Slg47- hey now Ladies!!! woot!!! done and done :appl: Thank you so much for sharing this excitement with me!

as for the Legato, I still have it, My jeweler did a great job at removing the stone and keeping it great usable condition. I'm keeping the setting to hold hmmmm... maybe another diamond :Up_to_something: :naughty: for another occasion down the road to build an anniversary ring or hold a gemstone for now, unfortunate (or fortunately) I'll be collecting those piece meal :wacko: .

ok, I liked that setting too :) but this new one is so unique and gorgeous. glad you have what you want!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, I liked that setting too :) but this new one is so unique and gorgeous. glad you have what you want!

Thanks Slg47 - I envy you ladies that knew exactly what you wanted from the get go :appl: I did have an incredible journey though with an awesome loving DH to allow me to do this more than once :???: However, I had to make it five years with him first :lol: and we've been married seven years, so this journey started early 2008 ..whew... glad that's over

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, congrats- it is stunning! I may have to seek you out and pick your brain on any upcoming projects I may have in the works... :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great D&T! The color of the gold is really special. Can you return the Legato setting??

And you know I Luvs ya, but can you really still say "permanent home" after all these changes 8) I think I heard it before :tongue: :bigsmile: I think you just love change, which is a great quality in my opinion! But hey, prove me wrong and make me eat my words and wear this new setting until you are old and grey :bigsmile:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1304043848|2907631 said:
well, congrats- it is stunning! I may have to seek you out and pick your brain on any upcoming projects I may have in the works... :naughty:

Amy!!! i love projects for others, of course anytime... wanna spill? :naughty:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1304043980|2907635 said:
It looks great D&T! The color of the gold is really special. Can you return the Legato setting??

And you know I Luvs ya, but can you really still say "permanent home" after all these changes 8) I think I heard it before :tongue: :bigsmile: I think you just love change, which is a great quality in my opinion! But hey, prove me wrong and make me eat my words and wear this new setting until you are old and grey :bigsmile:

lol... :saint: I think *maybe* I'll take you up on that :rodent: ... I am greying quickly though ;( You guys know me well even though you haven't met me IRL, I do like change in my life, but this kind of change really does stress me out a bit which I don't really enjoy- more of a sigh of relief when its done. I don't think I can return the setting though probably out of the return period, and I'm actually ok keeping it, I have a few loose gemstones, or and upcoming diamond (not sure) purchase I was going to make and would rather insure it in temp setting than have it loose.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! It' looks fabulous! I'm so happy you found something you love and can love for a long, long time!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Yay -- more photos! D&T, your new setting has a Mark Morrell feel to it. Your jeweler did a great job. And I have to say I love the color of the gold with the high polish, because it provides a great contrast to your vintage-style band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results