shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Ring Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rand_althor2

Rough_Rock
Can you please post your opinion on these settings for an asscher. (source - UnionDiamond). The gf really likes side stones, so I''m open to ideas or suggestions. Anything that has worked for you guys... let me know! Please post your pics!

AS_JEA1018PD.jpg

rand_althor2

Rough_Rock
with trillions...

AS_JEA1055PD.jpg

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Not a big fan of either but if I had to pick one it would be the one with the trillions! Something about the other one just doesn''t look right to me.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I figured out what I don''t like about the first one. It has too much gold drowns the asscher.

rand_althor2

Rough_Rock
The first one is a palladium ring! I wonder if it is the metal or the shape that is a turn off!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dude! These rings aren''t very feminine! Is she a girly-girl? Small hands? What other jewelry does she wear? I don''t like either of those SHAPES of ring (nothing to do with the metal).

Would you be game for proposing with the stone in a simple inexpensive solitare & letting her pick a setting?

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I think it is just too much metal reguardless of what type it eats the diamond instead of popping it out. I think a RB would look alot better in that setting but still not a huge fan.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm I don't think either really suits the diamond shape sorry and IMO trillions and asschers would look
14.gif

How about something like this simple, classy and elegant it allows the stone to be the star :)

Three stone it would look AMAZING with an asscher :) or this one Three stone with pave

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asschers and step cut traps...drrrroooooollll......

asscherwsteptraps1.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first setting is too bulky and swallows up the stone. The 2nd setting is too angular and stark. I would choose neither. For sidestones that goes with asschers, I'd choose trapezoids, bullets or baguettes (in that order). Shield shapes are very nice too. Since sidestones for asschers are hard to come by, another option is to get a few fine diamonds down the band. Musey has a lovely Vatche ring with a center asscher and diamond pave in the band.

Off to look for pictures...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is. Just ignore the radiant and imagine an asscher cut stone instead.

vatcheradiant.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m with deco...you may want to find out a bit more about what exactly you GF would like. I personally would do something like this Ritani...

ritanisettingforasscherp.png

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 11:54:13 AM
Author: Chrono
Here it is. Just ignore the radiant and imagine an asscher cut stone instead.
Chrono's Asscher concept to me is the most classic the most elegant and refined. Traps to me screams bling, and halo to me is a bit trendy. Asscher cuts are tricky, but in all honesty are to me the best when found in antique rings. They scream Art Deco, and as such, I think Chrono's look would best go with the whole Art Deco classic feel of the stone.

Whatever you do, make sure you know what she likes before you have it set. If she is no-fuss type of gal, try Daniel K settings. Nothing makes an asscher look amazing like a Daniel K setting.

There are lots of options, but maybe consult someone who is in the field to help in your search.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Chrono''s suggestion because it highlights the center stone the most. Maybe your g/f likes a lot of metal, or a very modern setting though. I happen to like heavier rings myself. It''s best to find out what her real preference would be, if you can. Show us some more of your ideas too!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
To me, asschers scream sleek, classic sophistication especially in the larger sizes
3.gif
and they look best with step cut sidestones - baguettes, traps or bullets as in the beautiful pictures shown. An asscher needs complementary sidestones, not anything that shows too much glitz.

I love asschers
30.gif
and hope to own one someday
36.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
How about this little guy? It's a lovely square emerald with trillian sides like the earlier picture posted, but more of a taper...

Anyone want to guess the weight and color?
31.gif

Assscher 1.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Side view. I like this picture. It''s kind of photographic...

Square Em 153556.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 2:37:30 PM
Author: Nicrez
Side view. I like this picture. It''s kind of photographic...
That is one sweet ring Nicrez! I''m guessing E color 7 cts?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Goooooooooorgeous. But NO FAIR making everyone guess for the stats!

...so...what size finger is that on?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo!!! That is one fabulous ring!!! Where did you find that beauty, Nicrez???
3.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I will only answer the figer size of the wearer. She's a 5 1/5. Ring is sized to 5.5

Keep the guesses coming on color and size. I hate being evil but it's just so easy sometimes...
11.gif

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm guessing 5 cts and F color!
emangry.gif
You are evil!
emcry.gif

rand_althor2

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for this...I like Chrono''s ring too. What store sells that setting? Do you guys know? Anyone have any pictures of solitaires? (Any opinions on Royal Asschers vs Asschers?)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That setting is pretty easy to reproduce, I suggest going to someone like Leon Mege. If you want the best, I suggest him.

As for Asscher, Royal Asscher, and square emeralds, I think they are all unique and distinct. If you want a REAL Asscher, try looking through the branded stones to get a feel for what they look like. http://www.asscher.nl/

Royal Asscher, as anyone will attest, is actually going to face up smaller at the same carat weight (more so than either two cuts), because the crown is higher (to account for the increased number of steps on the pavilion, as well as a greater depth. It may not be the way to go if you are on budget...

If you want size, maybe a square cut emerald is the way to go. It doesn''t have the "windmill effect" like the Asscher or Royal Asscher, but it is still a very lovely stone... Have you asked her what she wants?

I think before heading down any path, you may check with her for some further details. Every girl wants the perfect engagement ring, so getting it to what she wants is going to require more information from her. After all...if she wants sidestones, as you said that ring that Chrono posted is just pave, but the one I posted maybe be closer to what she wants?

Where are you located, maybe we can find a good retailer to point you in the right direction, where you can look at some settings and Asschers, as well as square cut emeralds to compare?
9.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first setting. Apparently I''m the only one.

Settings with trillions and the like make it seem that you''re trying to make the center diamond "look" larger. I find this unnecessary, as most diamonds can stand on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results