shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Pricing Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

murdo15194

Rough_Rock
Any advice is greatly appreciated. I''m close to purchasing a:

-2.23 HVS2
-GIA cert
-Asscher cut
-69.4% Depth
-67% Table
-VG/VG/None

The jewler I have been working with has given me a price of $15,000, with an additional $600 for a platinum mounting he will have designed per my requests.

Recognizing that there is a difference between online retailers and a personal jewler, I''m wondering if the $6,726/ct. is too much. Especially considering the online comparables range between $5,200-$5,800/ct. Your advice would be greatly appreciated-Thanks!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
It does seem very steep to me. Is this a stone cut by the Asscher company or an unbranded one (GIA calls them a modified emerald)? If its unbranded, I think you could do much better pricewise, but you may have to buy on-line.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
murdo-
i am guessing that at a little over $6k/ct. you are looking at a square emerald, not a true asscher. A royal asscher (modern cut branded asscher) would be maybe closer to 9 or 10k / ct. for HVS2 (my rough guess). im sure you could get a cheaper square emerald ("asscher")online, but the thing with asscher-type cuts is that they are all different. there is NO standard, so unless you see the diamond for yourself, how do you know if you like it?
...as far as $$$ ...i'm no expert but the price sounds pretty good to me....esp. if you really like this diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results