shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher pics & ??''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a photograph of a "well cut" generic asscher. So far i have seen only pictures of beautiful royal asschers and antique asschers, but no generic asscher cuts that look quite like antique asschers. Is this because NO generic asscher is going to look like an antique asscher, or have I only seen bad examples?
Any pictures or input would be great! Thank you!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Pyramid, I cleaned it up.
nono.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Coarchitect, sorry for confusion.

Pyramid post was addressed to someone who has abused the forum. I just removed these posts.

Gator

Rough_Rock
Coarchitect,

I will be receiving my Asscher e-ring next week. I'll post some pics then. I got a really nice "generic" Asscher that was cut to look more like a Royal Asscher (more octagonal). Rich Sherwood has seen it and he also says that it is cut very well. Hope this helps.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I got a really nice "generic" Asscher that was cut to look more like a Royal Asscher (more octagonal)
-----------

Hi there Gator! It was nice working with you the other day. Actually the Royal Asscher has both the "octagonalish" outline and additional facets cut on the pavilion. Your stone has more of the "classic" Asscher look, with a nice "octagonalish" outline, sans the additional pavilion facets.

I'll post the photos of your stone as an example -

Under diffused white light...

DSC00082.JPG

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is really beautiful! How big of a rock is that, and what type of setting will you use for it?

I'm so jealous
1.gif

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!
That is such a beautiful asscher!!! I would never guess that is a generic! I can't believe I am saying this, but I think I like it even better than the Royal Asscher I am considering!!!
appl.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Generic Asscher, light controlled so the diamond can be seen...
gia12324161_ring1.jpg

Gator

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics Rich. Gosh, it's even more beautiful than I remembered! I can't wait to see the final product.

Gator

Rough_Rock
Oh forgot to mention, it's a 1.50 ct H VVS2 and will be mounted in a Fine Line by LE platinum solitare setting.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
gator-
check your PM

Nick1918

Rough_Rock
That stone rocks!!! What kind of price range does something like that go for?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/16/2003 12/8/6 AM Furthermore wrote:

I am now coveting my neighbours` ox. After a fashion. ;-)))

----------------

6.gif
Now there's a mental picture that we could have done without
14.gif

Abazias

Rough_Rock
From one Gator to another- Congratulations on your gorgeous Assher cut diamond! This is a very impressive ring. NiceIce did a great job putting it together.

Good Luck and GO GATORS!

Felicia

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Rich,

Just wondering if you remember where they got that generic asscher that performed so well!? I want to find one with more of the characteristics of the Royal Asscher! In other words...I want it to sparkle at least a little bit

Thanks!
Tawn

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/16/2003 4:26:41 PM coarchitect wrote:

Is this because NO generic asscher is going to look like an antique asscher, or have I only seen bad examples?
----------------

At this point, it may be a good idea to descipher what exactly makes that look you are after. Older stones tended to be very deep cut and to have smaller tables (say and 80%-50% combination). This is not something you can find in moodern square emeralds (branded or not) and such dimentions are not a particular blessing for light return either (the main attraction of the stone pictured on this thread). In fact, a modern EC would outshine most olds and have way better symmetry (due to improved cutting technology), so you are not loosing much. Royal asschers are nice, but not all are alike and I wander wether the exra facets there have such tremendous visual impact, especially in the smaller sizes (this means below 3 cts) where such detail gets lost after all.

I like them hexagonal looking too, BTW, and it should not be a huge adventure to find one line this:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nma.JPG

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I've been compulsively walking into every jewelry store that I see...and not a single one has an Asscher/Square Emerald cut in stock!

I'm shopping around the carat range, and I know it will look considerably smaller than a round...and I really want to be able to look at some in person before I make the big committment! I'm just worried that in the carat range, it might be too small to do the asscher look justice!?
confused.gif

So, does anyone know where they're hiding the asschers in the San Diego area?

P.S. Will most likely be purchasing the actual stone from Whiteflash, and I have the setting all mapped out on paper...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results