shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flknight

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I''ve been lurking for awhile and I want to thank you all for providing such detailed information. I think my boyfriend and I are finally getting close to buying an engagement ring. I''ve decided on an asscher or square emerald. I''ve been working with a wonderful dealer in NY and he found this stone for me which basically fits all my spec qualifications, except for one. I''m concerned that the symmetry is only "good." I''ve read here that an asscher or square emerald should have an excellent rating for both polish and symmetry. I haven''t seen this stone in person (only photos - which I can''t post for some reason) but the dealer has assured me that it''s a beautiful stone. The price is in the 18K range (our budget is about 20K for the stone) I would love to hear your thoughts and if you think I should keep looking for a stone with at least "very good" if not "excellent" symmetry and also if there are any other numbers that stand out as being "off". Oh, and one other thing, I understand that there is a difference between an "asscher" and a square emerald but I love both and I''m not so concerned that I have a true asscher, a square emerald is fine for me. TIA!

square emerald cut
6.95 x 6.94 x 4.78
2.01 carat
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Table%: 60
Depth%: 68.9
Flourescence: None
Girddle: thick - very thick

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results