shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Okay--I own a 2ct asscher or really more like a square emerald due to clipped corners and moderate windmills. I do not have the angles but I''m pretty sure the table is on the large size as I was going for spread. The stone is 7.3x7.3 with a depth of 4.6. Do any of you have pics or links of a fish eye-effect in an asscher or is that possible? I''ll post a pic of mine when my camera charges, but when I look at my stone dead-on, I can see a distinct darker diamond-shaped illusion at a 45 degree angle inside the stone that I have thought was just the prettiest optical illusion. Now I am worried that it is a fish-eye effect or something!! It is like a perfectly symmetrical, formed diamond shape inside the diamond and is darker than the other areas. When the stone is tilted, it looks like steps. I know you will not be able to assess without a pic, but I wonder if this description rings any bells (or sounds any alarms!)

Thanks for your input!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a drop style asscher...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, can you please elaborate? I''ve never heard of the term "drop style" asscher.
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
facetsasschers.jpg

does it look something like the center one here?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Okay....is that a really bad thing? Is it like you just drop off into the dark abyss of funds that were foolishly spent on the diamond ?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should one be avoiding the Bright Drop asscher (the one with the large dark center steps) because the steps are supposed to be an alternating dark and light colour?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Okay---as I catch my breath--It does look alot like the middle one!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the drops are fine and kicken but some like them and some dont.
I didnt at first but as iv seen more they rock!
There are a bunch of people that have bought them and love them!
I like the wide step the best but there is nothing wrong with the other 2.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 3:44:03 PM
Author: kellyfish
Okay---as I catch my breath--It does look alot like the middle one!!
kewl!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 3:42:13 PM
Author: Chrono
Should one be avoiding the Bright Drop asscher (the one with the large dark center steps) because the steps are supposed to be an alternating dark and light colour?
When I first got into asschers I thought that way but as iv seen more and a bunch of people have bought them here and love them I changed my mind.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure how this pic is going to turn out--mabey too bright

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of the stone. Can you see the darker diamond shape within the diamond? This may not be a very ood pic--it does not do the stone justice....be kind as i already own it...also, the white gold setting bothers me because it is not, well, white......

diamshape (3).jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy asscher pattern wise!
does look like a larger table but if its fiery then all is kewl.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your set is beautiful! And I like the looks of your asscher. I''m no strmrdr, but I do like pretty things!
3.gif
Plus I have a soft spot for asschers...when I''m a super rich grown up I will rock a 3-4 carat one. At least that''s the plan!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results