shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher help requested! (particularly regarding photo tilt)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Re: Asscher help requested! (particularly regarding photo ti

Beautiful choices, Gypsy! I can't wait to see what he decides on!!! This is so exciting, and it's not even my ring! LOL

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW.

That's another video for the favourites folder - the Octavia is so uniquely exquisite :love: Can't wait to see the ring, pipboy! Gypsy posted some super setting suggestions - are you looking to go custom?

pipboy

Rough_Rock

The diamond arrived today. The sparkle is amazing!

Both of those are pretty interesting in different ways. I like the scale of the sapphires in the first photo relative to the asscher; I'm not sure how I feel about the milgrain.

It's nice to understand that the reason I like the ring I linked is because the sidestones are bezeled instead of pronged. I also really like the prongs on the ring from dianne's. Are those the 'fishtail' style or something else?

The other look that I like is the baguette halo, but that may be a bit much in terms of visual scale.

pipboy

Rough_Rock

I'm working with a local jeweler on a custom setting. I just haven't found anything out there ("off the shelf") that quite matches what I'm looking for.

The jeweler has a matched set of 4 radiant cut baguettes (H color, 2x4, .46tcw) that seem like they would be a great fit for the style I'm going for. They're a bit pricey, so I'm seeing if I can make the budget work. I think they'll compliment the octavia well, keeping with the geometric angles but giving off tons of sparkle. I think they'll be more interesting than traditional baguettes, as long as they aren't too much of a distraction from the lines of the asscher.

I have to say I have some fears about the whole process at the moment. What if she doesn't like the custom setting and stone that I've chosen? I know there are upgrade options, but I want to get it right the first time around.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay well, you know Psers are big fans of having input on settings. So... even though I love that setting and I do mean love... I would, if you could, have someone confirm with her that she wants you to surprise her with it all, or if she wants input.

The other setting you chose is lovely and elegant as well.Bright cut pave band.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/prodshots/59AA18.jpg Another favorite setting for an asscher.

Especially since you are going custom... would you consider proposing with just the Octavia and a lovely 'certificate' for "the setting of your choice" if she says that she does want input with asked?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results