shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkly4U

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I know a great deal about round H+A''s, but not so much about fancy cuts, and I am in the process of helping a friend not get ripped off while buying his girl''s engagement ring. His budget for the stone is 2500. She chose an Asscher, and I am in need of some advice as there is a lot of conflicting info on here about color in an Asscher, the merits of fluo vs. no fluo with an I color, pros/cons of table size and stone depth.

Union diamond is holding a stone that my friend is considering purchasing. It is $2431, and according to the GIA cert is:

0.87 carat VS1
I color, No fluorescence
Very good/very good

Dimensions are 5.56 x 5.31 x 3.40 Table is 56%, depth of 64%.

Is that table too small? Is it going to be too warm with no fluo? Setting is white gold 4-prong with G/H melee.

I have pics provided by the kind folks at Union Diamond, however I can''t upload them as they exceed the file size and I have no tools on this computer to resize them (I can do this from home, later).

Your thoughts, concerns, and general feedback would be sincerely appreciated! Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just from the specs you posted, the stone holds some promise (until we see the pictures, that is
1.gif
). Table and depth looks sweet. What is the girdle like? I also noticed it''s not very square: There is a 0.25 difference...so it is more of a squarish emerald cut. An I is all right in that size (to me) unless the person looking at it is colour sensitive.

Sparkly4U

Rough_Rock
Girdle is thin to slightly thick. Personally, I think it faces up beautifully and I really love the windmills, they''re just the right size... While it is not perfectly square, I think that mounted, it will look absolutely stunning, but as I have not seen it in person I am still kind of spooked about the color, considering how much I''ve read about it being extra-apparent in square emeralds/EC''s. I think I should maybe take her to the jewelry store to test her sensitivity out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results