shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Dimensions

tank007

Rough_Rock
Hello All, if an asscher falls into all the excellent dimensions below do I still need to worry about other areas regarding cut, if so what are they? I realize color and clarity are also crucial but I'm most concerned about cut since it's more difficult to figure out.

1716471762205.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't judge asschers by numbers. You need videos and pics

tank007

Rough_Rock
You can't judge asschers by numbers. You need videos and pics

Thanks, but for a starting point with videos and pics, besides above measurements, excellent symmetry, excellent polish and good color and clarity, what should I beware of? Even videos and pics seem deceiving. Received an asscher that looked good in pics and video had excellent everything yet upon receiving had obstruction issue (or at least that's what I assumed the problem was) which was only noticeable in certain lighting. Had to return. I'm assuming there's no way of avoiding this with shopping online even with best proportions, correct?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, but for a starting point with videos and pics, besides above measurements, excellent symmetry, excellent polish and good color and clarity, what should I beware of? Even videos and pics seem deceiving. Received an asscher that looked good in pics and video had excellent everything yet upon receiving had obstruction issue (or at least that's what I assumed the problem was) which was only noticeable in certain lighting. Had to return. I'm assuming there's no way of avoiding this with shopping online even with best proportions, correct?

What I'm trying to say is that proportions aren't what matters. You need to look instead of worrying about numbers. Asking for help from folks here will help

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of great videos from Jon (now at Distinctive gems) about evaluating asschers.

Jon now offers a service of sourcing and evaluating stones similar to the above posted videos.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
There are great looking asschers even outside those proportions.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are great looking asschers even outside those proportions.

The octavia (IMHO the best asscher) is one of them haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results