shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher: Did I get a good deal/ will it look too small?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mister

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a .81ct asscher cut diamond, VS2/G w/ a little fluorescence (blue); GIA certified, really beautiful. First-- Do you think that $2000 was a good price for this diamond? Second, I am kinda'' nervous that the diamond will look really small-- I haven''t seen the diamond in real life, because I purchased it online, so I am anxious wondering that it is going to look small! the dimensions are like, 5.25x5.25.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of smaller asschers like this?

Thanks, everyone!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Just want to say the price is in line with other asschers with the same specs. Most of them go for about $2500, so your cost was actually on the low side. Of course, I would have to see it and know more to see if there were reason for the low price.

mister

Rough_Rock
thanks for your advice!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Small" is so subjective! No one should buy an asscher for the finger coverage, only because they truly love the cut (I''m def. in that category!!) since they face up so small for their carat weight.

That said, here are some carat-or-less asschers from other PSers (hope they don''t mind):

1.05ct:
Ring1_web.jpg

1.01ct:
Img8888.jpg

0.92ct:
kaleighasscher3.JPG

0.89ct:
IMG_2276_s.jpg

0.71ct:
IMG_0170ps.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love asschers and I think they look fabulous in a halo. Have you thought about the setting yet?

mister

Rough_Rock
Yes. I chose a solitaire, mainly because I didn''t have a lot of money and wanted to invest as much as I could into the diamond, and not the actual setting-- then, perhaps we could upgrade later if she doesn''t love the solitaire setting.
My girlfriend wears a size 7, and someone was telling me the other day that anything under 1 ct (w/ an asscher) on a finger size like a 7 would look really small-- so now I''m all frantic, ahah.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For reference .. here is an approx. 1 carat asscher on an approx size 7 finger.

I sacved this pix in my own asscher hunt almost 2 yrs ago so I can''t recall the poster''s name or exact specs ... but thought it might help you visualize.

onecaratasscherapprox.jpg

mister

Rough_Rock
Yeah, that really does help! Thanks ;-)

PS- Your dog is the bomb! how cute!

And thanks to the previous poster for digging up all of those pictures, also!

I am thinking I will just have to get her a blingy band to make her finger stand out :) We'll see though

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww .. thanks ... Tallulah is a regular fluffer-nutter!

Have one more pix for ya ... this is a 6mm x 6mm Asscher on a size six finger ... looks pretty significant if ya ask me! Belongs (both the stone & the hand)
3.gif
to a poster named Gypsy. Maybe she''ll weigh in!

gypsy6x6onsizesix.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I could help. This is my 0.91 asscher with a halo on a 7.5 finger.
Good luck and enjoy.

KBring.91.JPG

mister

Rough_Rock
Wow, these diamonds look much larger than I was expecting :) The other day, after ordering the diamond, I took a ruler out and measured 5X5 and that is when the paranoia began to set in. When drawn in pencil, it looks tiny! But these diamonds really don''t look small.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
These asschers are just BEAUTIFUL!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine was also posted before - it''s a ,71 that is about 4.99 mm square, and my ring size if 4.75. I was shocked when my husband gave me the certification, because on my finger it looked to be at least a 1 ct. diamond.

Nevis_2006_100.sized.jpg

IMG_0568ps.jpg

Nevis_2006_087.sized.jpg

mister

Rough_Rock
Dang, that is a really unique way to set your asscher, I likey :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forums mister
1.gif
, you may also consider rotating the stone 45 degrees in a solitaire, it may visually/"psychologically" draw the attention to the diagonal dimension. If you are not afraid of a little twist of course.
Let me know if you need a visual aide.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results