shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Diamond Solitaire Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

illume

Rough_Rock
We got the ring on Feb 14th from GOG and I couldn''t wait to open it...but of course I couldn''t because my bf would have killed me..so I waited. And waited. And waited.
9 DAYS LATER and I thought I was going to lose it. He wanted to do something special, so he waited until we went "whale watching" - we live in San Diego-

It was sweet..he knew I was so anxious and annoyed for making me wait that long he actually asked me "Do you want to marry me?" (I promise I''m grateful..I just wanted it right then!)

Anyway..here it is. It''s so different than the pictures that Jonathon sent over...I don''t think I was ready to see something so pretty. I''ve only seen a few other asschers in person in the last few months at some jewelry stores around and they just don''t compare...

It''s set in a solitaire tiffany style setting with split prongs (more notched at the top rather than split, I guess you have to have a much bigger stone for it to be really split claw). One of the prongs is a little off center of the cut corner but it''s temporary and I don''t want to part with it right now...

So here are some pics.

200802 23 Do You Want to Marry Me  262.jpg

illume

Rough_Rock
Hand shot..

illume

Rough_Rock
ok here''s one hand shot

200802 23 Do You Want to Marry Me  270.jpg

illume

Rough_Rock
and another..

200802 23 Do You Want to Marry Me  274.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous Illume!!! And, what a perfect setting to showcase your FAB asscher!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ps- How do you get such good pics??!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!! It''s sooooooo pretty, looks amazing on your hand. Congrats and enjoy!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Such a classic, timeless, gorgeous stone and setting! Congrats!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is SO SO SO perfect!! I am very partial to solitaires, but really - that is just gorgeous!!! You must stare at it all day long! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolute perfection - really and truly! ( Did I miss the specs?)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
9 days! That''s NOTHING. My DH made me wait months. It really is lovely.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning.
36.gif

Congrats!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
OMGoodness, all these beautiful Asschers are making me want one for myself! You have a beautiful ring and good luck in the future.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo it''s so lovely!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wow its so pretty!!! congrats on your engagement and enjoy your asscher!!!
36.gif
36.gif

i just jumped over to rocky talk & saw your stats...and that does not look like a 1.56 it looks much bigger!!!

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Got to say, in love with those asschers!! Yours is beautiful! Perfect setting to let the asscher stand out!
2.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
From one asscher lover to another - beautiful!!! I love the simple solitaire setting - it really shows off that lovely stone.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! May I ask the size of the asscher? It looks to be a really nice size! I am so glad your fiance didn''t keep you in suspense any longer! I would have haunted him in his dreams!!
11.gif
heheehe

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

Your ring is lovely, illume! It''s classic and timeless, yet very unique!
36.gif

I know the wait was pure torture, but it was well worth it!

Now for those stats, please!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its so beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it really is quite a stunning ring! Thanks for showing it. Congrats on your engagement!!!! So what are the specs on that beauty, and do include your ring size, because she sure looks like a hefty one on your finger...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! It looks fantastic! Specs please!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it''s beautiful!! So classic and I love the split prongs. It looks absolutely perfect on your hand! Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif
36.gif

illume

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

My ring size is a 4 currently.. As soon as I put it on the thing spins the rest of the day, but I think if I went smaller it wouldn''t go over my knuckles. So I''m not to sure what my options are.

Here are the stats...

Color: H
Clarity: VVS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.73%
Width: 6.44mm
Length: 6.47mm
Depth: 4.48mm
Table Percentage: 59.92%
Depth Percentage: 69.56%
Crown Depth: 17.64%
Pavilion Depth: 48.82%

I thought I would be able to tell its an H..but it really looks colorless..

As for the setting..the more I look at Leon''s stuff the more I fall in love with it. The only thing is it''s a little on the pricey side for us right now. We decided to invest in the diamond. I got a quote just for the split claw platinum setting and it was surprising how pricey it was..but then again, his work is beautiful!!!! So maybe in a year or so.

illume

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh..means alot from one of my favorite asscher setting owners! Still have not ruled out halo....

illume

Rough_Rock
Tacori- I feel for you! Months? I couldn''t do it..but then again patience is not one of my virtues and I know it.

Your baby is sooo cute!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! Congrats and enjoy!!

I love the simplicity of a solitaire, are you going to keep it in a solitaire setting when you change or are you considering all options?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 11:58:32 AM
Author: illume
Thanks everyone!

My ring size is a 4 currently.. As soon as I put it on the thing spins the rest of the day, but I think if I went smaller it wouldn''t go over my knuckles. So I''m not to sure what my options are.

Here are the stats...

Color: H

Clarity: VVS1

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Excellent

Fluorescence: Negligible

Girdle: 2.73%

Width: 6.44mm

Length: 6.47mm

Depth: 4.48mm

Table Percentage: 59.92%

Depth Percentage: 69.56%

Crown Depth: 17.64%

Pavilion Depth: 48.82%

I thought I would be able to tell its an H..but it really looks colorless..

As for the setting..the more I look at Leon''s stuff the more I fall in love with it. The only thing is it''s a little on the pricey side for us right now. We decided to invest in the diamond. I got a quote just for the split claw platinum setting and it was surprising how pricey it was..but then again, his work is beautiful!!!! So maybe in a year or so.

Heehee....but there''s no carat weight in those specs!
11.gif

Nice table size...!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 12:50:19 PM
Author: tberube
Date: 2/26/2008 11:58:32 AM
Author: illume
Here are the stats...
there''s no carat weight in those specs!
11.gif
I think she mentioned on another thread that it was 1.56??? They were deciding between two stones ... LOVE LOVE LOVE the ROCK. (Perhaps partial to it because I''m a fellow H VVS1 Asscher gal
3.gif
)

Will say that it seems to be VERY difficult to set an asscher *perfectly* squarely -- mine has been tweaked a few times and its still not 100% symmetrical. One of the challenges of having such a symmetrical STONE -- the benchman has to be as precise as the CUTTER
23.gif

illume

Rough_Rock
So Sorry!! Yes it is a 1.56!

I deleted the part that said Asscher and accidentally deleted carat weight..

Thanks decode for making me feel better..it''s a bit annoying with the prongs not being symmetrical, but like I said will live with it right now..we''ll see in a few months..

Everyone --thanks for the kind words..especially after reading the "Is everyone honest in this forum?"

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Stunning ring!! It looks wonderful on your hand!! So many beautiful asschers around here!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results