shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m new here and looking to get engaged within the next year. I''m very drawn to asscher cuts, but I''m not sure if it''s definitely what I want. I was wondering if you could post some pics if you have an asscher cut. Also, could anyone recommend a store to browse some asscher cuts? Thanks!

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
It''s beautiful -- thank you! I''m in the Chicago suburbs, so there''s quite a bit in my area. I''m just not sure if chain stores like Helzburg, Kay, etc. stock asscher cuts. Most likely, my boyfriend would buy the ring somewhere online.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my asscher from GOG, www.goodoldgold.com. Can''t help you in Chicago, sure other PS''ers can give you some stores to browse. Good luck!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 5:30:32 PM
Author: chelleliz
It''s beautiful -- thank you! I''m in the Chicago suburbs, so there''s quite a bit in my area. I''m just not sure if chain stores like Helzburg, Kay, etc. stock asscher cuts. Most likely, my boyfriend would buy the ring somewhere online.
You''d probably have more luck with more upscale stores in the main Chicago metro area, or the jewelry/diamond district. You might be able to find some non-chain B&Ms in the nicer suburban areas (Naperville, etc.) that stock them, too. Call around and see what luck you have
1.gif

But you''re right on with that instinct about the mall/chain stores... more than likely, they won''t even know what an asscher cut is (at least, that was my experience when I started looking).

If you enter "asscher" in the search box, there will be lots of threads that pop up with TONS of pics!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 5:26:48 PM
Author: musey
It''s hard to recommend a store if we don''t know your area. The best way to go about it would be calling area jewelers to see if they either have them in stock or could have them called in for you. I''m a big advocate for checking out ANY diamond shape in person, to make sure it''s what you really want
2.gif

I attached a picture of mine, but you can can see more here.

ETA: I KNOW there''s a ''show me your asschers'' thread around here somewhere, but I''m having a heck of a time locating it. But if you feel like sifting through the ''Forum Engagement Ring Folder'' thread, you''ll find pretty much every PS ring in there!
1.gif
What a lovely clear stone Musey!

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
musey - I love your plain platinum band with your asscher. I just picked up a plain band the other day. looks nice and clean.

Q. how wide is your wedding band??

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, LadyAmythyst!

Climb, it''s a tiffany lucida 3mm (from signed pieces). A little on the thick side for my engagement ring, but I love it so much solo that I don''t care!

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 7:31:57 PM
Author: musey
Thanks, LadyAmythyst!

Climb, it''s a tiffany lucida 3mm (from signed pieces). A little on the thick side for my engagement ring, but I love it so much solo that I don''t care!

I almost bought that one too!! I loved it. My engagement ring band is a little more square so I ended up buying the 2.5mm from Cartier (it''s a new style - a little more flat - it matches my ER band better) and I love the way it looks alone too. Great choice. It''s been hard for me to find a wedding band for my Asscher with side traps. Our bands look pretty by themselves and I suppose we can get other rings to stack with them in the future!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results