shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

matt178

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for the right Asscher cut (square emerald) for months. I love the cut but keep getting conflicting information as to what the appropriate table and depth are for this cut. I know that there are no exact dimensions and that with this type of cut it is best to see the diamond for yourself. However, a ballpark would be nice. I am looking for a diamond that is 1.1 to 1.2,D to F, Excellent symmetry and polish, no culet, and no flourescence. Also, I am looking to spend between $5000 and $6800. If anyone has any information as to an appropriate depth and table for a stone with these specifications please let me know.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
wavey.gif
Welcome to Pricescope!
Tough Q...If you want a square emerald cut, then, whatever parameters apply for the emerald cut (aside that W X L ratio, which in this case is approx 1) would apply here. The 'Asscher' look brings to mind a very deep stone (80%) with huge pavilion depth (30%) and tiny table (40-50%). There were no hard numbers for the old Asscher cut, so there still are none. I do not know what are the corresponding specs for the modern, branded, "Royal Asscher", but this is a completely different story (extra facets included) than both square emerald and old Asschers cut.
I keep hearing that the asscher-like cut should deliver a 'house of mirrors' effect inside the stone, but I am not very sure what this might beand looking into a couple of Asscher cuts did not solve the mistery for me. However, this qustion did occur before on the board. I hope this thread will go for the answer too!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results