shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut engagement ring - need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

docta13

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''ve been trying to do as much research as possible lately regarding diamonds, but I would really like everyone''s advice here as well. I''m currently shopping for an Asscher cut diamond for an engagement ring. So far the (wishful) minimum specs I have been able to get from her are as follows:

Carat weight: around 1.5
Cut: Very Good
Color: D to F
Clarity: VS1
Fluorescence: None

I don''t want want this to appear too small, so I''d like to make sure depth fairly strong as well (but I''m not too sure about what depth %''s mean).

Basically, from the above info, can you guys please give me some additional RECOMMENDED specs (i.e. depth, symmetry, polish, girdle, etc.) that would be ideal for this type of ring? I imagine there are a number of people here that have dealt with Asschers, so I assume you''d be able to give me some good advice on what specs I need, even if I have to change what is listed above.

Thank you so much!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy and welcome to PS.
There are several threads in this section here:
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/forum.asp?forumID=32
That will get you started.
The best thing too do is work with a vendor and have them bring in stones for pictures and data.
Working off a list with a vendor who wont provide pictures will not get you anywhere closer to getting a kicken asscher.
GOG has the best deal right now and will bring in 2 free while most others will have small fee for bringing them in.
JA has a few with preliminary pictures that will help nail down getting one sent in too them keeping costs down as another option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results