shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher - Cut Cornered Square Step Cut (5 Steps)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori_Asscher

Rough_Rock
I want to post this diamond and ask for Storm''s advice on this particular diamond. I find it''s odd that most of the asschers I''ve seen are 3-4 steps. This diamond has 5 steps, but it''s not a RA because it doesn''t have a serial number inscribed on it. Could this be a clone of a RA?

Here is the specs for the asscher from the GIA report:

Shape and Cutting Style: Cut-Cornered Square Step Cut
Measurements: 6.79 x 6.74 x 4.53
Carat: 1.70
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Table: 59%
Depth:67.2%
Steps: 5

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a clone.
3c-3p is enough to make a asscher work and it is faster to cut them that way and its considered the "classic".
Truth is almost from the beginning they were cut with any number of step combinations from different cutters so one isn''t that much more classic than another.
I find it funny that the RA patent was grated when there is a ton of prior art.

Tacori_Asscher

Rough_Rock
What about the difference between the Emerald Square Cut and Cut-Cornered Square Step Cut? Is there a reason why one is labeled as one or the other on the GIA report?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
.......here is a pic of my 5 step, Cut Cornered Square Asscher -- I love the pattern of the 5 step, but for some it''s too busy.
I guess it looks like an RA.. but I "believe" the RA has more facets. I thought they were much busier than the generic 5 steps.

5stepccasschcu.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:34:17 PM
Author: Tacori_Asscher
What about the difference between the Emerald Square Cut and Cut-Cornered Square Step Cut? Is there a reason why one is labeled as one or the other on the GIA report?
number of steps but from what I have heard and seen if anyone inside or outside of gia has a clue why they assign a name they are keeping it secret as there is rarely a rhyme or reason to it a lot of times.

Tacori_Asscher

Rough_Rock
Wow! Your ring is beautiful! What are the specs of your asscher? It looks huge!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results