shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut center stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdiggity

Rough_Rock
Anyone out here get an Asscher cut center? How does it look? Is this suited better for accent stones or does it work well as a center? Any thoughts or feedback on this style?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Do a search. Asschers are very popular here and make great center stones!! But beware that they often look smaller than a round brilliant for the same weight.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE my Asscher center stone so I''m biased ...

I''ll also go out on a limb and say Asschers are NOT suited for sidestones (unless, like Widget''s case - the side stones are 1ct+
2.gif
)

Asschers have a distinctive pattern that isn''t able to be appreciated FULLY at smaller sizes. That said I do like the Tiffany deco-inspired setting that has channel set square emeralds in the band ... and someone here has a Facets pave haloed Asscher center with asschers in the band too ...

Asschers tend to look smaller for their carat weight - so they''re BEST for someone who is obsessed with them ... maybe NOT best for a "suprise" unless the buyer really, really think the style/pattern/cut PERFECTLY suits the intended recipient!
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 5:01:41 PM
Author: decodelighted
LOVE my Asscher center stone so I''m biased ...

I''ll also go out on a limb and say Asschers are NOT suited for sidestones (unless, like Widget''s case - the side stones are 1ct+
2.gif
)

Asschers have a distinctive pattern that isn''t able to be appreciated FULLY at smaller sizes. That said I do like the Tiffany deco-inspired setting that has channel set square emeralds in the band ... and someone here has a Facets pave haloed Asscher center with asschers in the band too ...

Asschers tend to look smaller for their carat weight - so they''re BEST for someone who is obsessed with them ... maybe NOT best for a ''suprise'' unless the buyer really, really think the style/pattern/cut PERFECTLY suits the intended recipient!
2.gif
Well said!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so Deco and Storm, based on your comments here, I guess you don''t like the side traps for my asscher? I appreciate honest opinions for sure - no feelings to worry about here.

Sorry to hijack....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 7:40:02 PM
Author: starryeyed
Ok, so Deco and Storm, based on your comments here, I guess you don''t like the side traps for my asscher? I appreciate honest opinions for sure - no feelings to worry about here.

Sorry to hijack....

No, Starryeyed! I like Asschers WITH sidestones ... but not Asschers AS sidestones! (Unless say, the Asschers sidestones are 1ct-ish --or-- band-width size & channel set)

I think Asschers with Trap sides are a very classic clean elegant look!!! It''s just that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your *other* favorite more!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Deco, thanks for clarifying!! You are so sweet. I thought you meant asschers as centers should not have sidestones. Now I understand - sidestones that are asschers are best if they are over 1 carat. Got it! And yes, Widget''s ring is too-die-for!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: decodelighted

2.gif
)
...slight correction called for! Actually my sidestones are considerably less than one carat each (58 and 59 pts. respectively), and I really enjoy them....being asscher-obsessed as I am.
1.gif

But I do agree that the smaller they are, the harder it is to appreciate their "asscherness".

widget

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
basically I think under around 5mm maybe 4.5mm depending on cut they start to lose some of the features that make them great but to some people that don''t matter and they love them even smaller.
For a center stone around ~5mm(a little smaller is fine 2 its a soft line) or larger is my recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results