shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Aqua Setting Ideas . . . Help, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I have a 2.9 ct. Aquamarine Asscher coming from Gary at www.finewatergems.com sometime this week.

285549.jpg

I don''t think I''m going with LOGR on this one because it''s an Asscher, and I want it in a more special setting.

Here are a few I''m considering.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Full-of-Surprises--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1345.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Petite-Open-Cathedral--Engagement-Ring_1211.htm

And because it''s 8.2mm, I was considering this one . . .

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1063.htm

Do you guys have any other suggestions for me? I was thinking bezel, but it''s a large stone for me, so I think I want a solitaire setting for it. TIA, ladies and gents!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's probably going to be a deep cut stone (most asshers are), so I think the cathedral would be your best option, although that whiteflash one isn't the cathedral I had in mind. Something more like a Tiffany style one with higher cathedral arms.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 6:24:04 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It''s probably going to be a deep cut stone (most asshers are), so I think the cathedral would be your best option, although that whiteflash one isn''t the cathedral I had in mind. Something more like a Tiffany style one with higher cathedral arms.
Yeah, my thought is it''s going to be close to as deep as (or deeper than) Mochi''s, since Gary cut both.

I''m drawing a blank on what you''re talking about, in reference to the T & Co cathedral. Are you refering about the Lucida setting?

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I love the aqua asscher. I want one so bad.

I would get the full of suprises setting, but I already have the open cathedral.

I think it would be beautiful in the petite open cathedral also. Would a 2.9 ct fit in the petite open cathedral?

I also love Musey''s setting for her asscher.

In a solitare with just claw prongs would be lovely with that assher.

So many choices it''s so hard.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 6:37:30 PM
Author: jess1981

I love the aqua asscher. I want one so bad.

I would get the full of suprises setting, but I already have the open cathedral.

I think it would be beautiful in the petite open cathedral also. Would a 2.9 ct fit in the petite open cathedral?

I also love Musey''s setting for her asscher.

In a solitare with just claw prongs would be lovely with that assher.

So many choices it''s so hard.
Oh, that''s right - I had forgotten about the Vatche! So pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, the cathedrals are open like this pic.

This is my silver ring, but it demonstrates open cathedrals. They come up higher and surround the stone''s pavillion more. The reason for this is to surround the stone a little bit, since aquas tend to be very light in saturation. This will give your stone a bit more color, and it hides the depth more from the sides so you don''t emphasize it as much (unless you want to).

opencathedral.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what this looks like from the top (with a cz in it)

opencathedraltop.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t mind cathedrals, but I like when the shoulders blend with the basket more. Interesting, though . . .

Hmmmmm, I''m off looking at Knox Jewelers website because I had forgotten how many settings Brian actually has!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would be inclined to go something like the d''vatche x-prong :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2008 6:49:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I don''t mind cathedrals, but I like when the shoulders blend with the basket more. Interesting, though . . .

Hmmmmm, I''m off looking at Knox Jewelers website because I had forgotten how many settings Brian actually has!
I was thinking of Knox as well, but I can''t get into their website. I''ve tried for days. Do you have the weblink?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 8:07:55 PM

I was thinking of Knox as well, but I can''t get into their website. I''ve tried for days. Do you have the weblink?
Sure, TL - he has a weird extension - .biz - which is why I always have to google for him.

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2008 8:57:09 PM

Date: 12/9/2008 8:07:55 PM

Sure, TL - he has a weird extension - .biz - which is why I always have to google for him.

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/
Lauren,
I don''t want to hijack your thread, so I''ll quickly just state that I opened a thread about website difficulties for knoxjewelers in the Jewelry forum. Apparently some people, including myself, are having trouble getting into his website. I was interested in a few settings, but I can''t get in there to look at them, so if you have his email, that would be great. Until then, I''ll let this thread get back to your discussion. Sorry!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

I really like #1 and #2 that you listed.

Just a general questions. Do you think that a bezel setting would bring out the color in the aqua more and make it deeper? Or do you think it will take away form the aqua?

I just saw this setting, it''s unusual, different.

R-E-MokAngledTaperNYel-top.jpg

I have been having a really hard time for weeks getting on the Knox website. I can bring it up, but it IS SO SLOW. It makes me want to scream. Eventually it doesn''t even load!
32.gif

Oh and I love that Aqua!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Of the three I''d choose flush fit. Shank is squarish in shape and wider than the other two so I think it would best complement an 8 mm asscher.

I also like the one mochi suggested cause it seems very protective of the stone (which is an issue with all those points and edges) and is on the unusual side.

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
LaurenThePartier,

Did you come up with any more ideas or are you any closer to deciding? Do you think you will hold onto it for a while or set it right away? I can''t wait to see how you set it. I am so in love with that stone.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look fabulous in something like this:

asscher.idea.5trellis.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren I love #2 you posted and think the shoulder diamonds will really compliment the Asscher. However, a word of warning .... my aqua asscher is with my jeweller as we speak and because of it''s depth all my original ideas are out of the window. I''m drawing a blank on how to set it as well so if you find a great solution please post up!!! My latest idea is to have just 1 fairly large tapered baguette on each side.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I''m waiting to see what you do. I want an asscher in either an aqua like yours or maybe something yellow.
But I think I want a pave skinny, skinny shank, high head and an itsy bitsy pave halo.
You guys with all these gorgeous colored stones are killing me! I know so little about them, gotta learn!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting GeckoDani posted! Simple and Elegant! It would be gorgeous with little claw prongs!!!

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
So I though about your aqua a lot today (yeah I'm a little nuts
19.gif
). I looked at every setting on James Allen and here are some I think would look nice with your stone. The cool thing about his site is you can change the center stone view and see the setting with an asscher, which is just hours and hours of fun.
9.gif
. What do you think?

Sleek and modern and what a bargain
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings/ring/item_57-3714_design.asp?module=setting
look similar to one you already posted
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-2072_design.asp?module=setting

Unbelievably gorgeous look at those prongs, but it is spendy
http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-1697_design.asp?module=setting

similar to petite open cathedral look
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2801_design.asp?module=setting

Antique look
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2804_design.asp?module=setting
P.s. I just realized if you scroll down you can see videos of each setting on a hand. I may never get the laundry done
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - wow those steps! That''s a beautiful aqua, and I can''t wait to see how you set it! I like Geckodani''s idea of the WF W-prong...I also think the X-prong might complement it nicely - I think the contrast between the fluidy lines of the W- or X-prong would contrast nicely with the steps

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:17:17 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Lauren I love #2 you posted and think the shoulder diamonds will really compliment the Asscher. However, a word of warning .... my aqua asscher is with my jeweller as we speak and because of it''s depth all my original ideas are out of the window. I''m drawing a blank on how to set it as well so if you find a great solution please post up!!! My latest idea is to have just 1 fairly large tapered baguette on each side.
Nice idea - simple, elegant and contemporary. Just make sure (if you opt for that) the size of baguettes is right. Ideally, their tapering sides should fit into the asscher''s corners, creating a continuous line.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for looking for me! So much great eye clandy to click thrugh! I got the stone today, and it''s STUNNING!!!! I don''t have any pics because not only did my phone die, so did my camera! Argh! Batteries charging now, though!

Jess, I LOVE #2, but because of LovingDiamonds experience, I''m a bit worried that the setting could accomodate my Aqua.

Date: 12/10/2008 3:17:17 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
LovingDiamonds, I think that''s a FANTASTIC idea, simply because the profile with larger baguettes doesn''t at all look odd to me if you have to beef up the shoulders to accomodate a deep stone.

Hmmmm, I have my thinking cap on. . . I think I''m going to sit on this one a little while.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lauren!

Can't wait to see pics of this lovely stone! I vote simple fluid solitaire. Do you think you'll go with WF?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results