shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher and setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I''m brand spanking new. This is my first post and I''m not too familiar with the rules so I hope someone will correct me if I overstep.

My boyfriend and I are would like to get engaged next year. I saw a beautiful ring that we both love on the nelson rarities site in an old catalogue. If anyone is familiar with the catalogues, it was 2.37 carat asscher, antique setting. We love the setting but that size diamond is probably out of our range (not to mention the ring is sold). We are looking to get the best value for under 10K. We believe we want a G color, VS1-VS2 with good specs, and I would love to know who produced the setting and if we could purchase one.

Please help!

Thanks, Lane
confused.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lanee and welcome - can you provide a link to which style Asscher ring your looking at. Then maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

Justme

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'll do that later on tonight.
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
This is it. I viewed it on nelsonrarities.com.

I love the design.

2-37ctasschercut2b.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lanee!
Welcome on pricescope!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
That ring is really beautiful!!!!
I think you should ask to your most trusted jeweler and he should be able to copy it, as being an old ring, it was hand made and probably it's an unique piece...
Have you already found a nice Asscher?

Giangi

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice, if that is the case, I do know and trust a certain jeweler.

We haven't found a stone, that was the first part of my original post. I need help in that department although, we're not exactly ready to buy unless we come across something irresistable. We want to do some work on the house we just bought before we rock shop.

Should we buy the stone before the setting?
confused.gif

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Lanee,
Welcome, I'm fairly new to the forum myself still finding my feet! Just wanted to say what a stunning ring Asscher cut nice choice. I had a look at nelsonrarities site they have some beautiful jewelery.
Reproduction antique - As Giangi suggested a reputable jeweler would be able to custom make it for you.

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Lanee,
Good to hear you have a jeweler you can trust! To accomodate the stone nicely, it is always better to have the diamond before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results