shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher 2Ct - How do I read this AEST?

Kearns83

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Appreciate that there is a forum like this. So I am thanking you all in advance :)

I'm in the market for Asscher cut around 2ct. Budget is approx $20k.

Currently looking at a stone that is - 1.91ct, G colour, VS2. I got the ASET image back. Not sure what to make of it.

Excellent polish and symmetry, measuring 6.91x6.73x4.59mm

Table 63%
Depth 68.2%
Fluorescence None
Slightly Thick

Any guidance would be great. Thank you!

339857-image-04.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a very good one. You want a lot more red than that. You should see red, and some blue for contrast, and less green. In that photo, white or gray is leakage. You should be able to do better than this one. I like the windmills slightly wider, too. I'll look around but you may have to have someone like Good Old Gold call some in to find a well cut one.

Kearns83

Rough_Rock
Thats great feedback. Thank you very much. I'll jump on Good old Gold. I'm based in Australia, I don't think that should be a problem?

Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually bought a small asscher from them for a ring setting I had bought that needed a 1 ct stone. I will show you the video they made for me. As you can see, all 4 were nice, but two were more outstanding than the other two. The last stone was too large for my setting, but the second stone is the one I easily chose. (There isn't always this much talking in their videos! But it was helpful!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=2

Other buyers on the forum from Australia have definitely bought from them. They don't usually keep many asschers in stock but they call them in when people are looking for one.

Kearns83

Rough_Rock
Wow thank you so much for sharing. That was very helpful. That guy is passionate about his diamonds! I'll give them a call. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results