shape
carat
color
clarity

asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drhud

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at diamonds and educating myself for 9 months and think I have finally found the "right" stone at a price I feel comfortable paying (single parent, 2 kids). I hope you will give me feedback...positive or negative regarding the "ideal" cost of the following stone:
1.04 VS2 I, depth 63.6%, table 64%, polish: good, symmetry: good, culet: none, girdle: thin-med., fluorescence: none, 7.07 x 5.05 x 3.21, $2950.

I''m afraid I''ve "over" educated myself and am now distrusting my own eyes! Any tips I would surely appreciate! I really want to stay in the $3000 price range.

Thank you, thank you!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I definitely understand your point. You need to have a sit down...with yourself! And ask what you feel is most important...sticking to the budget and getting a good size and good performer for a good price? Or do you want to stick to the budget and go smaller and ideal? Or blow the budget? This is a call that only you can make. What is the 'balance' that works for you?
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this a radiant or cushion? What shape is this?

drhud

Rough_Rock
This is an emerald cut. I'd like to have a nice balance between quality and budget. I'd extend the budget to get closer to quality. The problem is, I've read so many differnet opinions and what constitutes a "premium" cut and "ideal" cut, I feel confused. The parameters I've chosen to focus on are VS2 to SI1, G to J, .90 carat and above, close to 65%/65% depth & table and thin to med. girdle. I've become a touch neurotic over the whole thing....sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results