shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking to get it appraised first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
I am going into NYC to the diamond district to look at a 1.5ct stone. Is it allright to ask if I could take it to someone like David Wolf to have it appraised, then take it back to buy it? How would that work?

I'm just saying David Wolf because I saw him on the site and he's within walking distance from the jewerly store.

I'm not an expert so how can you know that you're getting exactly what they say you are?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would make the appt with the appraiser beforehand and call and let the jeweler know you plan to do this if you like the stone. Work it out beforehand. Since you are so close, I would think that you could work out something where they'd let you either take the stone, or let David pick up the stone, or the jeweler would take the stone, or similar. I would find out from the store what their policies are, what they can do to accomodate.

Good luck!!
1.gif

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Allrighty I'll see what they're willing to do.

Has anybody ever had David do an appraisal? Any idea on how much it'll cost? I sent a price quote but haven't heard from him yet.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
When I priced appraisers, David Wolf was the most expensive of the ones recommended to me. (Dave Atlas did the recommending, on this board.) I was looking to appraise my grandmother's engagement ring, so I needed someone conversant with antiques. I was delighted with the appraiser I ended up going to, Robert Aretz. He seemed like a mensch.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
how much was he?

and what others are there in manhatten?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results