shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking the impossible

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaverhousen

Rough_Rock
Im looking into purchasing a well cut princess cut diamond. My budget isnt too great, Im looking to spend between $3800 - $4200. My requirements are as follows:
Carat - between a .94 - 1.09
Color - between F - H
Clarity - VS2 - SI1
GIA or AGL certified

What Im not too sure about is the optimum ratio for a princess cut. I know this is asking the impossible, but can anyone give me a ratio that I should stay within (keeping my budget in mind)?
confused.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A search of the Pricescope database reveals many princess cuts in or under your price range. There is no problem with your budget. Getting a fine brilliant princess cut that is not overly deep will be a challenge, but there are vendors here who know how to handle this.

Pricescope search of over 1 carat sizes:

Diamonds found: 161

Princess, 1.01-1.05 cts, G-H color, VS2-SI1 clarity, 65-75% depth, 65-75% table, , GIA and AGS certified.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
It shouldn't be too difficult to stay within your budget with the parameters you've listed. Check the AGA cut chart for princesses in the tutorial on this site. Keep in mind that a stone with 1A-1B proportions doesn't guarantee a stunner. And one with less than ideal specs shouldn't be eliminated from consideration. Fancies need to judged visually above all but do avoid overly deep or shallow stones, very large tables, ex thin or thick girdles, and extreme variations in the girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results