shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking for input from Kim N and Dejawiz --and all the wonderful PSers that have better eyes than me :)

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Would you kind folks please render an opinion on this stone? Believe it or not, David Klass had indicated that he would be happy to have me get a stone or he could look. We then got sidetracked in our emails and started discussing settings, and he just sent me an email that he ran across this stone and wanted me to see it. Well, I am not at all confident in my stone evaluations--but "I know a guy (gal)". Anyone that would like to weigh in on this one I would be eternally grateful.

Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 2.20.28 PM (2).png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's not bad! If you're looking for near super ideal cut level, this wouldn't be it, though.

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock

It's not bad! If you're looking for near super ideal cut level, this wouldn't be it, though.
Thank you so much! I was hoping you would see this! Oh my, you are like the fairy godmother of diamonds!!!

I was literally going to post on here tonight to start looking when David sent this to me.

This is $3900.

Just for fun, when it is convenient for you, what do you think we (Oh, that's the royal "we", I'm useless:lol-2:) could find that's D-E, 4.2-5 (rough size, but I would like to stay at 4 or above--but 5 is about all I can carry off). I don't have to have vvs1, and I'd like to get the best cut I can find. If there isn't one out there right now, I can bide my time a bit. And if you are busy and don't have time, no worries!

I also tried an email I found that might be yours? on Loop Troop? But perhaps it was old.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I was hoping you would see this! Oh my, you are like the fairy godmother of diamonds!!!

I was literally going to post on here tonight to start looking when David sent this to me.

This is $3900.

Just for fun, when it is convenient for you, what do you think we (Oh, that's the royal "we", I'm useless:lol-2:) could find that's D-E, 4.2-5 (rough size, but I would like to stay at 4 or above--but 5 is about all I can carry off). I don't have to have vvs1, and I'd like to get the best cut I can find. If there isn't one out there right now, I can bide my time a bit. And if you are busy and don't have time, no worries!

I also tried an email I found that might be yours? on Loop Troop? But perhaps it was old.

Do you have a budget in mind? Most of what I'm seeing are a few thousand over DK's stone.

I have a current listing on LT you can use. I linked it in my thread (on the first page) in Preloved.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there’s a few in the pre loved that are huge like this.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a budget in mind? Most of what I'm seeing are a few thousand over DK's stone.

I have a current listing on LT you can use. I linked it in my thread (on the first page) in Preloved.

Saving A few thousand is nothing to sneeze at.

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock

I am a bit flexible on the budget--I'm trying to find that sweet spot between quality and cost--does that make sense? As good of quality as I can find for a reasonable price point. I understand that Whiteflash has pretty much perfect cut stones, but the premium there for those stones is a bit more than I want to pay (somewhere in the neighborhood of $15k-$20k). I can't justify that when I believe, from the posts I have seen over the last several months, that there are stones out there that are pretty darn nice, including hearts and arrows, for around 1/3 to 1/4 the cost. Maybe I'm off here, but the stones that you guys can locate seem to be really great.

I'm a little slow here, but I just figured it out on LT. :)

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Saving A few thousand is nothing to sneeze at.

I appreciate you pointing me to the preloved section. I am happy to consider a preowned stone or ring--especially since I don't have a strong preference for what I want in a custom setting--I have some ideas, but I am not savvy enough to have a firm design in mind --I am just still basking in the glow of discovering lab diamonds -lol!!! I went through the first page or two, and I saw one by sunshineandlemons, which I have reached out to and looks promising, but if there is one on there you are aware of I didn't see, please point me to it. Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I appreciate you pointing me to the preloved section. I am happy to consider a preowned stone or ring--especially since I don't have a strong preference for what I want in a custom setting--I have some ideas, but I am not savvy enough to have a firm design in mind --I am just still basking in the glow of discovering lab diamonds -lol!!! I went through the first page or two, and I saw one by sunshineandlemons, which I have reached out to and looks promising, but if there is one on there you are aware of I didn't see, please point me to it. Thank you!

Inken has a 5ct is a lovely setting too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results