shape
carat
color
clarity

Aset...too much green?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Screenshot_20221206-075908_Chrome.jpg
I don't have a video, just the report. I would think with these stats there would be more red. Would love your thoughts. I must be missing something. Thank you!!
@Karl_K , @DejaWiz

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Mlh!
GCAL doesn't use the AGS ASET, but their scope does reveal quite a bit, as well.
This diamond likely has some pavilion painting, around 6°?
Very hard to try and translate the GCAL scope to ASET scope.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Mlh!
GCAL doesn't use the AGS ASET, but their scope does reveal quite a bit, as well.

Thanks @DejaWiz ! I am a complete novice re: painting and digging. I defer to you!! So hard to tell with this one? Think the painting is impacting performance?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Mlh!

no it doesn't look at the leakage pattern.
Then look at the lack of black in the 6 degree pavilion painting aset.
With the gcal images you have to look at both the leakage image(optical brilliance) and the symmetry image.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
With the gcal images you have to look at both the leakage image(optical brilliance) and the symmetry image.

Thank you, Karl - invaluable info, as always!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

So I'm confused. Do you think the image tells the story about the performance of this stone? Does it look good to you? Sorry for being such a novice! Thanks so much for weighing in @Karl_K!!

GCAL-Angelo

Rough_Rock
Trade
@Mlh - this was before we reported a few additional measurements
LGF is 76.57%
Star is 48.72%
There is crown painting of 1.75 (average)
@DejaWiz was correct that there is pavilion painting of 0.57 (average) and a max of 1.34
and below is the slide we showed during the webinar of the painting and digging we allow on 8X
1670352979418.png

GCAL-Angelo

Rough_Rock
Trade
finally, just for reference, because we hadnt taken hearts and arrows images for this stone, this is the ray-traced generated image of the hearts of GCAL Cert 300380065

to be clear - if we show hearts and arrows on our cert or web page, it is always actual

but this is the ray trace from the scan (in lieu of the actual)
1670353110384.png

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
@Mlh - this was before we reported a few additional measurements
LGF is 76.57%
Star is 48.72%
There is crown painting of 1.75 (average)
@DejaWiz was correct that there is pavilion painting of 0.57 (average) and a max of 1.34
and below is the slide we showed during the webinar of the painting and digging we allow on 8X
1670352979418.png

Thank you so much @GCAL-Angelo !! I so appreciate you taking the time to help me!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
finally, just for reference, because we hadnt taken hearts and arrows images for this stone, this is the ray-traced generated image of the hearts of GCAL Cert 300380065

to be clear - if we show hearts and arrows on our cert or web page, it is always actual

but this is the ray trace from the scan (in lieu of the actual)
1670353110384.png

Wow!! Very cool!!

GCAL-Angelo

Rough_Rock
Trade
you are welcome @Mlh - if you have any other questions, let me know
thank you @Karl_K and @DejaWiz for weighing in with very helpful insights (as usual)
-Angelo

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @Kim N @lovedogs !! It means a lot coming from the two of you!! I took the picture through the plastic on the box. It looks a bit dirty in this picture. I am going to make a pendant. Now I am obsessing over a chain :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results