shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET test review

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please pass on this one. What are your specifications?

bould

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for your response. Can you explain why you feel that you would pass on this diamond.

bould

Rough_Rock
Please elaborate

bould

Rough_Rock
Thanks to chronos.....Any more comments would also be helpful

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Bould,
There's a lot of dispute over green in the aset of a fancy cut diamond. In many cases red on a step cut aset will appear as a dark area in real life.
So green is not always a negative in an Asscher Aset
Then I also consider the steps and how apparent they are- which is an essential element of the "Asscher look".
I would advise you to look at actual photos instead of trying to get information of a reflector image which is far less intuitive.

Even smeone very experienced in reading ASET will want to physically examine the diamond to see how aset correlates with real life- it is not always consistent, especially in fancy shapes.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bould

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Rockdaimond . Can you review the James Allen image link and tell me what you think?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bould|1431457506|3875651 said:
Thank you. Rockdaimond . Can you review the James Allen image link and tell me what you think?

Hi Bould,
I can not- as a trade member I am not permitted to comment on stones being sold by another vendor.

I will say with regards to the in depth linked to articles: you don't need to become a optical scientist to pick a lovely asscher cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All green is not good and all red is not good as well. There needs to be a balance; it is all about the quantity AND placement of these colours.

bould

Rough_Rock
As promised you can view the ASET image for diamond 501589 attached to this email. I mentioned earlier that the gemologist confirmed this diamond is gorgeous! It is a bright, icy white that is going to look fantastic in the platinum setting. The levels of fire, brilliance and sparkle are lovely, I know your girlfriend is going to love it! The diamond has a lot of brilliance especially in the perimeter. There are no inclusions to be seen and the faceting is very uniform which yields a truly spectacular asscher cut!

bould

Rough_Rock
As promised you can view the ASET image for diamond 501589 attached to this email. I mentioned earlier that the gemologist confirmed this diamond is gorgeous! It is a bright, icy white that is going to look fantastic in the platinum setting. The levels of fire, brilliance and sparkle are lovely, I know your girlfriend is going to love it! The diamond has a lot of brilliance especially in the perimeter. There are no inclusions to be seen and the faceting is very uniform which yields a truly spectacular asscher cut!

From James Allen geologists and customer service....don't really k ow what to think. Are they just trying to sell the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The edges "step" nicely but the center doesn't seem to come alive. The pattern, however, is very pleasing to the eye.

I guess it jives with what the JA gemmologist said, except that they did not say anything about how the center isn't "sparking" like it should. I viewed the JA diamond first, without reading the JA comment to remain unbiased or uninfluenced.

bould

Rough_Rock
Would you pay $3400 for it? Or a stone of this quality planned to have it set in platinum

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much time do you have? If it is for me, I would keep looking.

bould

Rough_Rock
Time is no issue

bould

Rough_Rock
Are there any more opinions or suggestions out there. When looking at the specs of the stones GIA report etc is this an okay purchase for $3400. The ASET is more green but there is still some red....should I pass on this as chrono suggested?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results