shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET evaluation help needed. Curious case of white patch

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

Could any experts provide an evaluation of the following ASET image? I am unsure why there is a large white patch in the ASET image.

8178163_aset.jpg

More supporting information on the diamond below.

Carat: 1.45
Clarity: VS1
Color: G
Table:57%
Depth:62%
Crown Angle:35.5
Pavilion Angle:40.6
HCA: 1.4 within TIC range
Strong Blue Fluoresence

8178163_actual.jpg
8178163_hearts.jpg
8178163_arrows.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at the hearts image. There is a heart* that is way off (it's not even a heart). This white area may always look dark but
it's hard to tell without the stone in hand. I would call the vendor and ask if there is an area on the table that is always dark.

If they say no, I would probably need to look at it before it is set to determine if I was happy with it or not. I wouldnt go after
this stone unless it's a good price or is actually much bigger than you though you could get. There are lots of rounds out there.

Eheharohan

Rough_Rock
tyty333 thanks for your inputs.. Will prolly check with vendor on that. Would you say that $9.7k is a good price for this particular diamond given its other characteristics?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eheharohan|1459002579|4011313 said:
tyty333 thanks for your inputs.. Will prolly check with vendor on that. Would you say that $9.7k is a good price for this particular diamond given its other characteristics?

It is a good price from what I could find. The SBF is also bringing the price down. I would have it thoroughly checked out with
respect to that possible dark spot. You just dont want to be looking at your stone and always seeing a dark spot that makes your
stone not look symmetrical.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a computer generated image from the grading report and it looks like there was a glitch because that being right is improbable.

The heart and arrows images are also computer generated.
A real aset image would be interesting.

My guess is that a couple facets have are not flat and have a side to side slope and the scanners are not going to be accurate. There is something going on in that area.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1459011028|4011362 said:
It is a computer generated image from the grading report and it looks like there was a glitch because that being right is improbable.

The heart and arrows images are also computer generated.
A real aset image would be interesting.

My guess is that a couple facets have are not flat and have a side to side slope and the scanners are not going to be accurate. There is something going on in that area.

Always request real images when available. I suspect Karl is correct here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results