shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
So tell me, is diamond number 1 that much better than diamond #2 based on the ASET image? Or are they both great diamonds and it becomes a matter of preference of certain characteristics?

DIAMOND #1

diamond1.png

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both good, do you have the actual photos of each please?

oneforship

Rough_Rock
There is an $800 price difference between diamonds.

Diamond 1 is .75ct, H, VS2, AGS0

Diamon 2 is .748ct, J, VVS2, AGSO

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:10:22 AM
Author: Lorelei

Sure, give me a few seconds to resize them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:11:39 AM
Author: oneforship

Date: 3/22/2009 9:10:22 AM

Sure, give me a few seconds to resize them.
Thanks, standing by...

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Diamond #1 Actual Image

diamond1act.png

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Diamond #2 Actual Image

(I''d just link to the diamonds, but then perhaps the vendor of each would introduce bias, and then I''d be giving away what I''m looking at before I have it reserved yet!!
2.gif
)

diamond2act.png

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:19:06 AM
Diamond #2 Actual Image

(I'd just link to the diamonds, but then perhaps the vendor of each would introduce bias, and then I'd be giving away what I'm looking at before I have it reserved yet!!
2.gif
)
I know which vendors have each!
2.gif
41.gif

My choice would be for the H VS2 in preference to VVS clarity and J colour - but you can't go wrong with either, they are both top notch Princess!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:23:31 AM

2.gif
41.gif

My choice would be for the H VS2 in preference to VVS clarity and J colour - but you can''t go wrong with either, they are both top notch Princess!
You are so shmart.
41.gif

I agree, both are great, but I''d prefer the H VS2.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:33:27 AM
Author: Ellen

2.gif
41.gif

My choice would be for the H VS2 in preference to VVS clarity and J colour - but you can''t go wrong with either, they are both top notch Princess!
You are so shmart.
41.gif

9.gif
I bet you knoes too!
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:37:12 AM

You are so shmart.
41.gif

9.gif
I bet you knoes too!
41.gif
lol Actually, I''m not certain of the one in this case.
9.gif

oneforship

Rough_Rock
So would it be accurate to say that you make your choice of preference based on the higher color grade of diamond 1 vs. the unnecessary higher clarity grade of diamond 2 as opposed to the difference in ASET image?

I guess I''m just curious as to why the one seems to have so much more concentrated red, and that doesn''t necessarily make it "better."

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:44:38 AM
So would it be accurate to say that you make your choice of preference based on the higher color grade of diamond 1 vs. the unnecessary higher clarity grade of diamond 2 as opposed to the difference in ASET image?

I guess I'm just curious as to why the one seems to have so much more concentrated red, and that doesn't necessarily make it 'better.'
To me the first ASET has the edge, but these are both top quality cuts I am trying to consider the whole picture and it is not really possible to say which one is "better" as I can't see the diamonds and am missing a lot of info and expertise needed to make that call. So my thoughts are that these are both top notch diamonds, the ASET of the first would be my first choice along with the colour and clarity combo. But like I say I don't think you could go wrong with either, the diamonds appear to have first class cuts!

You might have already encountered this excellent tutorial which explains how to interpret ASET images,

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What she said.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks both! I pretty much had the same opinion, and I had looked at that tutorial before, so I felt like the ASET of the first was closer to the "high performance" category vs. the second which was more in the "above average" range. Now it just comes down to a matter of budget, and when I feel like I''ve learned enough to have made a fully informed decision! (I feel like I could read for years and never have learned it all about this stuff!!)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Both pretty, I would go for the H color over the VVS clarity for sure.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:09:06 AM
Ok thanks both! I pretty much had the same opinion, and I had looked at that tutorial before, so I felt like the ASET of the first was closer to the ''high performance'' category vs. the second which was more in the ''above average'' range. Now it just comes down to a matter of budget, and when I feel like I''ve learned enough to have made a fully informed decision! (I feel like I could read for years and never have learned it all about this stuff!!)
You have done very well indeed, there IS so much to learn but you have found two excellent diamonds there!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:09:06 AM
Ok thanks both! I pretty much had the same opinion, and I had looked at that tutorial before, so I felt like the ASET of the first was closer to the ''high performance'' category vs. the second which was more in the ''above average'' range. Now it just comes down to a matter of budget, and when I feel like I''ve learned enough to have made a fully informed decision! (I feel like I could read for years and never have learned it all about this stuff!!)
I''d call that one high performance as well. They cut incredible stones.
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
41.gif

You are so shmart.
41.gif

Thritto :) it looks like a purdie princess to me :D

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Agreed - they are both really nice looking, but I''d probably lean toward the first because of the color/clarity combination. They are both top-notch cuts but are likely to have different personalities. The first has the look of fewer chevrons than the second (someone correct me if I''m wrong!). This would mean that the first would have fewer, larger flashes of light, whereas the second would have many smaller flashes of "pinfire." If my thought on who the cutters are is correct, this is consistent. I believe the first cutter makes 3-chevron princesses and the second makes 4-chevron princesses (or is it 2 and 3?).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results